WaveMapper, the new iOS synth by PPG
After the PPG WaveGenerator launched in 2013, Wolfgang Palm will offer iPad users the second generation iOS based synth called PPG WaveMapper.
PPG WaveMapper is based on a new concept called Sound Map, which maps the various sounds in a way to easily access and experiment with them, and a new synthesis system which maps the waveforms of a sound into a new kind of wavetable which preserves the sound characteristics and allows for manipulations.
The Mapping window is the visualisation of a pool of programs on which “modules” float. Those modules represent certain parameters of the synthesiser engine and each module can be placed on one of 32 programs. The moment an item is placed on map then the parameters of that module will take on the settings of those parameters in the underlying program on the Mapping window. This allows for creating complex sounds and tweaking the sounds using advanced features.
- New Sound map concept
- 3 types of synthesis
- Classic wavetables
- Time compressed samples – more authentic sounds, allowing analysis of user samples
- Pure samples – classic sample playback
- Analyzer – convert your own samples into the new format or into wavetables
- 3 oscillators
- 90 sound resources, from real instruments to abstract wavetables
- 4 parameter editor pages
- 3 Noise generators, for audio and modulations
- Classic 24 dB Lowpass Filter, combined with an overdrive simulation
- Dual amplifier, for control of 2 audio signals as well as panning.
- 13 Envelopes, for independent control of pitch, waveform, filter and noise gain and panning
- 4 LFOs with 5 waveforms
- Delay/Reverb effect
- Step Sequencer / Arpeggiator combination
- Schematic touch keyboard – Build your own keyboard, with the keys you prefer for your music.
- Sound browser
- Virtual and Hard-MIDI in/out – sending/receiving keys and controllers
The PPG WaveMapper will be available in februray 2013 on the AppStore. Price is set to $19.99. More details on wolfgangpalm.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Wavesfactory Classic Rock Drums for Kontakt Wavesfactory sampled for this new soundbank a Ludwig Vistalite drum kit with a Ludwig Supraphonic snare and Zildjian cymbals.
- Hideaway Studio Zero-1 Synth for Kontakt Zero-1 is in essence a single oscillator virtual analog synthesizer (VA) loosely based on the CS01 monosynth which was released in 1982.
- Artiphon showcase their Instrument 1 Nashville manufacturer Artiphon has begun to showcase their Instrument 1 new hybrid musical instrument and controller in different tradeshows.