Arturia has announced that it has released version 2.0 of ARP 2600 V, its reproduction of the ARP 2600 analog synthesizers ever made.
The upgrade is free for all registered users.
The main improvements are:
- "SoundMap" - Arturia's new preset navigation system.
- Lower CPU utilization on Mac OS X.
- Better Audio Unit compatibility (Digital Performer most notably).
- Ability to use NRPN MIDI messages for automation.
- Better handling of control surfaces while changing preset.
- Presets now respond to modulation wheel.
- Fresh batch of presets made by a selection of top sound designers.
- MIDI RPN "pitch bend range" message is now recognized.
- New Syncrosoft copy protection.
- Numerous bug fixes.