Madrona Labs Updates Aalto to v1.2
Aalto's version 1.2 update brings support for Windows 7 and Windows XP in addition to Mac OS X AU and VST.
Aalto's free-running complex oscillator and its lowpass gate module are designed to allow the creation of sounds that have been difficult or impossible to create with software until now, according to Madrona Labs. Aalto's animated dials are designed to allow the user to both adjust and view signals in a way that is described as "intuitive, fun and useful."
New in Aalto version 1.2:
- Mac and Windows VST versions
- 64-bit Mac AU / VST
- 64-bit Windows VST
- Improved performance (20-50% faster than version 1.1)
- New patching interface
- New cross-platform preset format
- Improved dial ballistics
- 100 new presets from Alessandro Cortini, Richard Devine, Rory Dow, Surachai, Edward Ten Eyck and Madrona Labs.
Pricing & Availability:
Aalto's price is $99, which includes a license for both Mac and Windows versions. For a limited time, every buyer of Aalto will also receive a $99 credit toward the purchase of Soundplane, the touch-sensitive instrument from Madrona Labs.
The Aalto 1.2 update is free for existing Aalto customers. A non-time-limited demo version of Aalto is also available free of charge.
Viewers of this article also read...
- iXimix LiveRemote for iPad LiveRemote for your iPad, iPod or iPhone connects to Ableton via CoreMidi networking technology with a latency between 1-3ms.
- New Celemony Melodyne Tutorials Celemony introduces 3 new video tutorials, practical examples designed to "put across knowledge as well as inspiration" and "demonstrate the possibilities of Melodyne editor."
- MoReVoX Hybrid MoReVoX has announced the release of Hybrid, an impulse response sample library featuring 500 new IRs.