Foo YC-20 v1.3
Foo has released version 1.3 of Foo-YC20, a physical modelling combo organ synthesizer.
This synth is a copy of the Yamaha YC20 organ, including some of the flaws found in the instrument, according to the company. This project is open source and the processing code is written in a DSP language called FAUST.
The organ is available for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows. In addition to a standalone JACK client, there's an LV2 plug-in for Linux and VSTi for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Physical modelling, no polyphony restrictions.
- Two main voice sections.
- Switchable bass section.
- A realism control to add flaws found in the real organ.
- Touch vibrato is not emulated.
- Takes quite a bit of CPU power.
Foo-YC20 is free and Open Source. The Source Code is available under the GPLv3.
Viewers of this article also read...
- CDSoundMaster VTM-M2 The VTM-M2 is a saturating tape compressor, capable of limiting and tape compression, and multi-track tape uses for gain.
- Prime Loops: Harder Faster Louder Harder Faster Louder features 600 samples and loops, stretching from 175 to 200bpm, with about 250 bass loops, synth hooks, metal guitar riffs, leads, drum breaks split into folders such as "full-on", "broken" and "no-kick".
- Tone2 ElectraX 1.1 Update Tone2 Audiosoftware have announced the availability of the ElectraX 1.1 update.