Metric Halo's Thump now in VST & AU formats
Metric Halo's Thump freeware has been popular among Pro Tools users for a while. From now on, non-Avid users can use it too.
Metric Halo Thump is described as a unique audio processor that allows you to synthesize low frequency audio to add low end to a track or generate another sound entirely. Technically, Thump looks at the pitch and dynamics of its audio input and uses this information to control its oscillators. You can add low end to drums, augment a bass or even create synthetic drones. Thump can beef up a kick drum, add low end to percussive tracks, re-create classic drum synth sounds, and more.
Thump's envelope driven, percussive sub-harmonic synth can be used for the following things (among others):
- Build low-octave support for bass drum, tom, snare, and other percussive tracks
- Create kettle drum sounds from regular drum tracks
- Re-create the sounds of classic drum synths like the TR-808
Detailed features include:
- Two independent envelope driven oscillators
- Complete control over both pitch and amplitude envelopes
- Wet/Dry control for mixing synthesized sound with the source
- Detailed metering
- A dozen presets included to get you started
- Adjustable UI size / Disclosable Graphs
- MH Preset Manager - Provides cross-platform presets
Thump is free, has no copy protection whatsoever, and is now no longer exclusively available to Pro Tools AAX (Native + DSP) users but also to those favoring Win/Mac AU & VST formats (32&64 bits). You'll still have to sign up for Metric Halo's mailing list - which seems more than a very fair price.
More details can be found at the following address: http://mhsecure.com/metric_halo/products/software/thump.html
Viewers of this article also read...
- Toontrack's Metal Month first releases Toontrack's Metal Month new releases unveil, progressively... With SDX and EZX Progressive expansions and an assorted MIDI bank.
- Native Instruments introduces String Ensemble Native Instruments today introduced Symphony Series - String Ensemble, which delivers the sound of a 60-piece string orchestra.
- iZotope Launches Ozone 7 After a complete presentation at the AES, iZotope has released the latest version of their flagship mastering software, Ozone.