Rhythmic Robot Doctor 110
Rhythmic Robot has released Doctor 110, a Kontakt sampled version of the Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-110.
The DR-110 was a little analog drum machine from the early 1980s with six basic sounds, including a tight kick drum and some unusually metallic hi-hats, according to RR. The company says that it was one of the earliest budget drum machines to feature an LCD to aid grid-based programming of patterns. It also featured an Accent control which could be applied to any kit piece.
The Rhythmic Robot Doctor 110 samples the original DR-110 at 24-bit, and samples each kit piece through the entire travel of the Accent control. This allows the user to set the Accent level on a per-kit-piece basis, either from the user interface front panel or via velocity. Further controls over the kit pieces include pan and level, plus a complement of effects including buss compression, Tube saturation, full-on Distortion and bit-crushing.
- All kit pieces of the DR-110 sampled through the whole range of the Accent control.
- 24-bit samples.
- Either front-panel or Velocity control of Accent level.
- Compression, Saturation, Distortion and Bit-crushing as standard.
Pricing & Availability:
Doctor 110 is available now for £4.95. It is also available as part of a bundle offer with other Rhythmic Robot drum machines: see their website for further details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Sound Magic Neo MasteringQ Sound Magic's Neo MasteringQ is designed to automatically detect and lock in the most audible/sensitive frequency.
- RedTruss Software MicVault Studio MicVault Studio is a music app for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th gen) and iPad.
- Studiodevices VLX-1 Studiodevices has released a new reverb plug-in for Windows VST.