Soundiron has released the Angklung, a new multi-sample percussion library for Kontakt.
This traditional full-ranged tuned bamboo percussion instrument originates from Indonesia, dating back to roughly the 7th Century AD.
The library includes a set of 18 Angklung, tuned over a major scale spanning nearly 3 full octaves. The instruments were captured in a dry studio and in a large open hall with 3 separate microphone positions (close, mid, far). Each up and down stroke was recorded separately, with a total of 48 distinct round-robin variations per-velocity/per-note for the dry set (24 up/24 down) and 16 round-robin variations per-velocity/per-note for each of the three hall mic sets (8 up/8 down). You can also adjust the ensemble "width" of the instrument to increase or decrease the stereo left-right spread of the individual angklungs relative to one another.
- 6700 Samples.
- 7 Kontakt .nki preset files (unlocked K4 format).
- 3.5 GB installed.
- 24-bit / 48kHz stereo.
- Available by Continuata Direct Download and DVD.
- Format(s): Kontakt 4.2.4 (or later) and stereo PCM .wav.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Slate Digital Virtual Bus Compressors Slate Digital has announced the Virtual Buss Compressor (VBC).
- Protection Racket iPad/Tablet Case Protection Racket has launched a new case for protecting an iPad/Tablet and carry-on items.
- 8dio 30% Halloween Sale 8Dio announces a Halloween sale - 30% off until November 2nd.