VSL Releases Betas For Ensemble v2 & v3
VSL has released public beta versions of Vienna Ensemble v2.0.3387 and v3.0.3387 for Windows and Mac OS X.
- Added bypass function by "Alt-clicking" an insert effect in the mixer strip.
- Redesigned plug-in insert header bar for AU plug-ins, including a Bypass Button.
- Plug-ins now open their interface directly after insertion.
- Lowered GUI resource usage.
- Added new licenses.
- Fixed: audio engine clicks when opening inserted plug-in GUIs, also during playback.
- OS X: Added manufacturers folders to the AU plug-in list.
- OS X: Fixed bug that could cause AU plug-ins to silence the channel.
- WIN: Added folder management for VST plug-ins.
- WIN: Added Large Address Awareness to the Vienna Ensemble Connector plug-in.
- Minor bug fixes.
A couple of known issues:
- OS X 10.5: After minimizing Vienna Ensemble (putting it in the dock) the GUI is not fully visible when maximized. Press "Esc" to see the GUI again. The meters of Vienna Ensemble will not be displayed, but the software is fully functional.
- OS X 10.4 on PPC: The meters of Vienna Ensemble will not ne displayed, but the software is fully functional.
For more info on VSL and Vienna products, check out http://vsl.co.at.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Xoxos Launches Skunk Sequencer xoxos has released Skunk, a four part algorithmic percussion sequencer VST instrument for Windows.
- Softube Releases FET Compressor Softube has announced the release of the FET Compressor plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X in both native VST, AU and RTAS formats.
- Digidesign Releases Pro Tools 8 Digidesign, a part of Avid Technology, Inc.,announced the release of Pro Tools 8 software, the company's music creation and audio production software.