Kontakt 3.5 Beta For Registered Users
Native Instruments has released a public beta version of Kontakt v3.5 for registered users (you need to be a registered Kontakt 3 owner to join the public beta test).
The Kontakt 3.5 update is said to bring many technological improvements including a revised sampling engine and DFD streaming technology, as well as 64-bit memory addressing under Mac OS X and Windows Vista 64.
This is a pre-release version and should be used with caution in performance-critical environments.
New and improved features include:
- Compatibility with Windows Vista 64 (XP 64 tbd).
- 64-bit memory addressing for Mac OS X and Windows Vista 64.
- New DFD engine with drastically reduced memory footprint.
- Optimized sampling engine with substantial performance increase.
- Advanced multiprocessor support.
- New browser feature for Kontakt Player libraries.
- Direct MIDI Learn for all sliders and knobs, including performance views.
- Improved automapping.
- Bypass button for effect slots.
- Aftertouch interpretation added to KSP.
- New "Engine Restart" button.
- Custom wallpapers for library boxes.
- Play cursor for Beat Maschine mode in Wave Editor.
- Pro Tools compatibility under Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
- Localized info pane in six languages.
IMPORTANT: The public beta version:
- Will be unlocked with your existing serial number.
- Requires (and overwrites) a previous Kontakt 3.0.x installation on the same computer.
- Will expire on July 1st 2009 (the official 3.5 update will be made available before that date).
Viewers of this article also read...
- NUSofting Strings Dream Synthesizer NUSofting has announced Strings Dream Synthesizer, a new instrument plug-in designed to reproduce the array of rich, analogue pads from famous strings machines in synthesizer history.
- Sound Trends Looptastic Producer Sound Trends has released Looptastic Producer, an iPhone music-production app designed to let people import their own audio loops from a PC or Mac.
- 112db Redline Reverb 112dB has announced the release of Redline Reverb, a new musical reverb based on a completely new and original concept that excels in both warmth and transparency at extremely low CPU usage, according to 112dB.