AudioThing has released TapeStation for Kontakt.
AudioThing sampled an Analogue Bass Synth to tape using a new old stock cassette, and boxed it into a Kontakt Instrument. The original synth produced fat basses and sharp leads, according to the company but the raw tape sounds and unstable pitch add perfect elements for “tron” like sounds. Each waveform (Sawtooth, Square, Pulse 5%) was sampled chromatically from C0 to C7 and each sample is more then 6 seconds long.
- 2 Oscillators (Saw, Square, Pulse 5%).
- 12-24dB/oct filter.
- 1 LFO (Random, Saw, Triangle) for Pitch and Cutoff.
- 2 Envelopes.
- 24 Factory Presets.
- 24 User Presets (save function within the Kontakt GUI).
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz / 24Bit.
- Size: 200 MB installed.
- Custom performance view.
Native Instruments Kontakt 4.2.2+ full retail version is required.
Pricing & Availability:
TapeStation is available for the introductory price of $9 (which rises to $12 on 24th October, 2011).
Viewers of this article also read...
- Sound Magic Piano Channel Piano Channel is a channel strip specially designed for Supreme Piano 2.
- TC Electronic LM6 Radar Loudness Meter Radar Loudness Meter soon available as a plug-in compatible with native hosts.
- RME Ships the Ladyface RME's special Babyface edition, the Ladyface, has started shipping