de la Mancha basic 65
de la Mancha has announced the release of basic 65, a monophonic synth, inspired by the classic 80s home computer, the Commodore 64 and its SID chip.
- Monophonic synth in VST format for Windows based hosts.
- 3 oscillators with pulse, saw, triangle and noise waveforms.
- Pulse width can be modulated by envelope or both LFOs [NEW - pwm modulated by envelope].
- Each oscillator can be sync’d to another and/or ring modulated by another.
- Each oscillator has its own ADSR envelope and can be routed to filter individually.
- Resonant filter with low pass, high pass, band pass and notch modes [NEW - notch mode added].
- 2 tempo-sync Arpeggiators in series for complex arp sounds [NEW - 2nd arp, added arp patterns].
- Arp tempo, range and note length can be adjusted [NEW - more tempo-sync options, note length knob].
- Modulation envelope can control pulse width and pitch of individual oscillators as well as filter and dirt [NEW - modulates pwm, cut-off, res, dirt].
- 2 tempo-sync LFOs with wide range of waveforms, including random [NEW - more waveforms, more tempo-sync options, added phase].
- Both LFOs can control pulse width and pitch of individual oscillators [NEW - individual oscillator pitch and pwm].
- One LFO also controls filter and dirt, the other can modulate the depth and speed of the first LFO [NEW - modulates res, dirt and LFO1].
- Envelopes are non-linear and can be retriggered from zero or smoothed on each new note [NEW - separate smooth for amp and mod envelopes].
- Pitch drift models instability with variable depth and frequency [NEW - depth and frequency added].
- Options for 4, 6, 8, 12 or 16 bit audio with randomising feature [NEW - added randomising, added 4 bit and 12 bit].
- Developed with SE 1.1, so no problems with multiple instances [NEW].
- 128 presets by sink covering arps, leads, bass, drums and lofi sounds [NEW - all new presets].
- basic 64 is also included in the download.
Pricing & Availability:
Basic 65 for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $24 USD. A free copy of dirty harry and PULS is included with a purchase until October 7, 2011.
For more information, visit de la Mancha's website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.