The Interruptor Twin Bass
The Interruptor has released Twin Bass, a new VST instrument plug-in for Windows. Twin Bass is donationware.
Twin Bass is a bass synthesizer with a double filter architecture allowing to create mid-range bass textures together with a sub bass foundation. Vocal-like timbres can be created. The plug-in features individual outs for the filters and a modulation matrix which is helpful for various types of bass wobbles and more subtle modulations, according to the company.
- 2 Oscillators: Sine, Saw, Ramp, Triangle, Pulse, Noise.
- 2 Filters operating in parallel (connection in series is also possible).
- Filter 1: 2 x Low pass, 2 x High pass, Bandpass.
- Filter 2: stereo filter with separate cut-off for left and right side (2 x Low pass, 2 x High pass, Bandpass).
- Feedback loop for the entire filter section.
- Distortion effect with two modes
- hard: metallic distortion sound.
- soft: tube-like warm distortion.
- The distortion effect can be applied pre- or post-filter. Also it is possible to distort only the signal in filter 2, thus preserving a clean signal from filter 1. This setup is predestined to generate a sub bass with filter 1 whereas filter 2 can provide interesting midrange textures in stereo.
- 3 x LFO, synchronized to host application.
- 3 x ADSR Envelope.
- Matrix: 5 modulation slots connect 12 modulation sources to 26 modulation destinations. Pitch bend, amplifier envelope and filter envelope are pre-wired.
- Process external signals: In Oscillator 2 an external signal can be selected as the waveform.
- MIDI learn: Right-click any control to assign a MIDI control and automate the parameter from your DAW.
- Monophonic modes with glide.
- Polyphonic modes with max. 8 simultaneous notes.
- Individual Outs are available for the two Filters. This feature helps to integrate the bass sound in your mix. For example apply additional effects like reverb to the mid range signal from filter 2 while keeping the sub bass form filter 1 clean.
- Structure display: This panel shows the signal flow of the synth as it results from your settings of the filter and FX routings.
- Pop-up hints: While the mouse hovers over a control a hint appears explaining the function of the control.
Viewers of this article also read...
- 3 New Positive Grid Jam Player Positive Grid announced the release of a trio of new iOS music-utility apps: Beats Metronome, Jam Player, and AccuTune.
- Pioneer rekordbox Mobile The mobile version of rekordbox is now available on the Android and iOS app stores.
- Steinberg Nuendo Live to 5 Crossgrade Offer Steinberg recently announced their worldwide crossgrade offer that allows users of Nuendo Live to purchase Nuendo 5 at a 15% discount.