Steinberg has released Retrologue, first introduced in Cubase 6.5 now available as a plug-in compatible with VST 3, VST 2 and AU hosts.
Retrologue houses two oscillators, each with a maximum of eight detunable voices, one sub and one noise oscillator, alongside a dozen filter types as well as 300 presets. Also on board are two LFOs and two ADSR envelopes. With the ten-stage Modulation Matrix, users can assign modulation sources to vary the targets' values, also supporting modulation assignments from Note Expression, Steinberg's way of editing controller data.
Features at a glance:
- Virtual analog synthesizer with 300 presets dedicated to classic leads and analog synth sounds.
- Two oscillators with up to eight detunable voices each plus a sub and noise oscillator.
- 12 different filter types.
- 2 LFOs and ADSR for filters and amp envelopes.
- 10-stage Modulation Matrix with Note Expression support.
- Mono and Poly Modes with Legato and Glide.
- FX Section with modulation and delay effects.
- NEW: VST 3, VST 2 and AU compatible host application support.
Availability & Pricing:
Retrologue is available as download through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price is €49.99, including German VAT, and £42.34, including British VAT.
Viewers of this article also read...
- WOK Superfake WOK has released Superfake, a free audio effect designed to turn a simple synthesizer saw wave into a sound like the Roland Supersaw.
- IK Multimedia Summer Strummer Special IK Multimedia has announced that from now until September 5th, 2012, they will be offering four waves of AmpliTube deals.
- Best Service Price Drops Best Service announces that Titan, Synth-Werk and Drums Overkill have seen their price reduced.