DigiTech Vocalist Live 2
DigiTech Vocalist Live 2

Vocal Processor from DigiTech belonging to the Vocalist series.

Anonymous

« Great, but ......... »

Published on 03/27/11 at 11:46
* What are the effects, types of effects available? A / Approximation of the singer&#39;s voice, respecting its tone (and its proxies or quacks) in unison, above or below the note based on chords played by the instrument plugged into the case. I insist on the instrument because the affirmation that only a guitar can control the VL2 is a hoax that I do not even understand the part of Digitech: a numeric keypad does exactly the same job, B / balance between voice lead and harmony voices, C / Compression (I will return below), following 3 reverb presets, and enhancer (color of the stamp) according to 3 presets. * What technology is used? (Analog, digital, tube ...) All digital * Are they editable? Via a publisher Mac / PC? To turn the knobs and buttons to push presets ... okay? * What is the connection? (Audio / MIDI) audio jack and / or XLR * Is this a rack or rack-mount model? Stun pedal. On the ground, so. 8 / 10

* The general configuration is simple? Yes. Connector that allows connection to any system of distribution. * Editing of sounds and effects is easy? Obvious. No-brainer (even if ... I will return below) * The manual is clear and sufficient? ... Yes, but only in English. If I have time, I wonder if I will not be a translated version to download. We&#39;ll see, it&#39;s not my priority but it can serve those who stuck to English. 9 / 10

* Effects are they effective, responsive and realistic enough? So, I&#39;m going to divide my review into two parts because there are indeed two sides in the VL2. A / Section "harmony" is stirring realism, and brings a crazy time saving. I bought this pedal in order to leverage my voice choirs, not to treat my lead vocal. In making voice choirs, I get directly a total of 3 singers (in the virtual choir, I&#39;m the vocalist in a in, mixed with 2 singers supplemented by VL2). In two doses, there are 6 singers ... it would be the same too! The proportion of votes that instills harmonized with the balance knob dose as realism. If I had a sound card with multiple inputs, I amuse myself even treat different voices Additional pasting them on a separate track. B / Section "effects", it leaves me squarely on my hunger. Quality effects is not in question, rather it is the design effect "compression" which disappoints me greatly. For those who do not know how it works, I explain: Push the pedal "effects", that snap together comp + reverb + enhancer. How to switch between these effects which we do not want? Simply zeroing the rotary volume pot that is associated with each. Until then it&#39;s simple and it must necessarily walk, you might say, especially if the quality is nice effects. Well no, not in regard to the compressor. The compressor compresses, ok, almost imperceptible compression near zero to a strong compression at the maximum rotation of the volume pot. But the compressor is structurally combined with a noise gate. This is not written anywhere, that nobody knows, and I would like an email from a senior Digitech who confirmed the choice of engineering design. How does it interfere? It simply prevents the use of any greenhouse effect section when you are on a log singing "soft". You want to sing a ballad very soft, super quiet and intimate, using the "enhancer" for example you will lighten the tone of voice made of? The gate of VL2 will chop you the result. I made numerous attempts, I reached this conclusion, but I could not believe it myself until I ask Digitech, which I give you the answer right here that his technical manager m has made: "Unfortunately by the gate WAS Designed With live, loud stage volumes in mind, so low and whispering vocals arent going to Work With The effects are well. Bill Clayton Technical Customer Service Harman Signal Processing 8760 South Sandy Parkway Sandy, UT. 84070 &#39;Review: The VL2 is to be used in a register of voice at good volume at a minimum, and perfect in high volumes. It does not call into question the qualities of the product but the technical choices hamper its use. * Which instruments do you use? Guitar and keypad, because I repeat, it works perfectly with a keyboard (not the keyboard players, you are not excluded from the target potential users, you are not obliged either to learn the guitar or you scratch a fader to exploit the bug). * Which ones do you prefer, you hate? Damage to the gate, because the three effects are nice. It is true that the enhancer leads to a real change in the rendering of voices in a mix. 4 / 10 (too silly, this gate)

* For how long have you been using it? Fairly recently, I bought two months ago, but what I immediately thought to be a hardware failure caused me to leave out the product as I did not have my answers. Now I know what its technical limitations, it will be used to what it is made. * What thing do you like most/least about it? Fast, convenient and realistic. * Did you try many other models before getting this one? None * What is your opinion about the value for the price? Produced in late career, supplanted by the VL4 and other generations in the range Digitech, I see a great report quality / price since I hit nine to 180 €. * Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice? ... Yes, but requires noise gate, I would have liked to have done already in full knowledge of the facts. That said, we&#39;ll find it in my songs, those where there is a little box anyway. 6 / 10 (great, but .... it was not the title of my opinion?)