Apple GarageBand for iPhone & iPod
Apple has announced that GarageBand is now available for iPhone and iPod touch users.
GarageBand features a collection of Touch Instruments to let musicians play and record keyboards, guitars, drums and basses in a variety of styles.
You can plug your electric guitar into iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to play and record through amps and stompbox effects, or record your voice or an acoustic sound using the built-in microphone. GarageBand allows you to record and mix up to eight tracks and then share your finished song with friends or send it to your Mac to keep working on it in GarageBand or Logic Pro.
New in Version 1.1:
- Universal app designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
- Create custom chords for Smart Instruments.
- Support for 3/4 and 6/8 time signatures.
- Reset song key without transposing original recordings.
- Transpose songs in semitones or full octaves.
- Additional quantization options for recordings including, straight, triplet and swing.
- New audio export quality settings for AAC and AIFF (Uncompressed).
- Arpeggiator available in Smart Keyboard.
- Adjustable velocity settings for Touch Instruments.
Pricing & Availability
GarageBand 1.1 for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch is available on the App Store for $4.99 to new users, or as a free update for existing GarageBand for iPad customers. GarageBand is a universal app that runs on iPad, iPad 2, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPod touch (3rd & 4th generation).
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rosegarden 11.11 "Edelweiss" The Rosegarden team announces the release of version 11.11 of Rosegarden, an audio and MIDI sequencer and musical notation editor for Linux.
- QuikQuak Glass Viper 1.3 QuikQuak has updated Glass Viper, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
- Kush Audio UBK-1 Kush Audio has released its UBK-1 effect plug-in in RTAS format.