Cotracks, multi-user creation app on iPad
Futucraft launched on the AppStore its second app, called CoTracks, which allows multiple users to create music at the same time on one iPad.
Cotracks offers 12 instrument tracks and you can use the built-in instruments to create multiple loops or phrase layers, and export these loops as mixdown or raw audio clips. The originality of the app is that any user can record and play its part without interrupting or being interrupted by the other users.
The GUI in Cotracks is designed for one, two or four simultaneous users and adapts to the number of musicians participating in the session. Futucraft adds that the app can be used by all-level musicians.
- 12 instrument tracks
- Tempo synced recording and playback
- Access to up to 4 instrument simultaneously
- Independent playback control for each instrument
- Ribbon controllers for the virtual synths
- Beat synced Repeater control
- X/Y pad for the programable modulation
- Quantize and Transpose functions
- Sequence copy between instruments via drag and drop
- Scale changing for recorded sequences
- Built-in instruments: polyphonic synth with presets, monophonic bass/lead synth with presets, sample player with sound library by Inspire Audio, multiple oscillators
- Built-in effects: stereo delay, stereo phaser, 2 EQs
- Session import/export in XLM format via iTunes
- Built-in and online help
Viewers of this article also read...
- New Blue Cat MB-7 Mixer 2 update Only a few days after releasing the second version of its MB-7 Mixer plug-in, Blue Cat updates it to enhance VST plug-in management.
- Loopr v1.1 on iOS now supports 64 tracks The Loopr iOS app has been updated to v1.1 in order to add 64 independent tracks for phrase looping.
- Friday's Freeware: The ANS synth goes virtual Alexander Zolotov launched this morning the V2 of his ANS simulation, a very old and rare russian synth. Available for free and for everybody!