Korg microKORG XL+ - Limited Edition Black
Korg microKORG XL+ - Limited Edition Black

Analog Modeling Synth from the microKORG XL+ model by KorgView website

• Increase or decrease font size

Korg microKORG XL+ - Limited Edition Black : mrjason's user review

"Go Limited Edition" 9 (9/10)

Characteristics 9/10

The MicroKorg XL can be purchased in a few different versions and colors. I have the limited Edition all black MicroKorg and it cost 515 dollars brand new. It has 37 keys and comes with a built in 16 band vocoder. There are a total of 128 sounds on the MicroKorg XL, and the reason that I got this limited edition version is just because I like the “all black” design. Everything is black even the “white” keys are black. There is only silver knobs and writing on it. They also make a standard version but it looked really boring compared to this version and they were both the same price so I went and got this one.

Utilization 9/10

The 16 band vocoder is awesome. I have not performed with it yet, but I plan on really getting out there and doing some live stuff with this vocoder that the MicroKorg has. The microphone is a goose neck mic and can be adjusted to different positions depending on where the user wants it.

Sounds 9/10

There is an LCD screen on this board too; there are 3 knobs that basically control all of the functions for the LCD screen. It is very easy to choose your filters and add effects with the screen. The overall sound of this board is very classic, the 128 sounds that it comes with are all very good and have value right way without having to do anything too them. But if you want to tweak the sounds to make your own you can do that without a problem.

Overall Opinion 9/10

This board can be run off of batteries or from wall AC power making it very portable. The board didn’t come with a carrying case or any type of protection so I am not going to be traveling with it too much just yet until I get a case for it. This synth is well worth the money spent and I recommend getting the “limited edition” one because it looks way better than the standard one!