Create an account

or

Thread Need advice: system with 2 DAC

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 Need advice: system with 2 DAC
Hi guys.
I struggle a bit, as of late, getting the right info. I'm using a Marantz 5005 (integrated DAC) with a couple of Aria 906 for my sound system, plugged on my PC Motherboard via coaxial RCA. So, no particular soundcard used other than the integrated one.
I use a Yamaha p125 digital piano and cubase 12. The sound of the headphone (Sennheiser HD7) is kinda cool, whether i listen to FLAC files or playing piano via Native instruments vst and digital instruments. But, the sounds of the HP when playing the piano via midi are way too felted, and lack power.
Probably, my sound chipset on the motherboard is far from ideal when recording piano (even with a 100% lvl In Line on windows 10).

I want to try adding a proper soundcard, internal or external, but if it also has a DAC, what happens if i use the Jack line out of the soundcard toward the line in of the amplifier (i guess the soundcard makes the digital/analogic conversion)? What will the amplifier DAC do? should i use spdif line out of the soundcard in any case and let the amplifier DAC do the job?

This is rather complex, when you're not pro :D

Thx in advance