Trace Elliot AH500-7 user reviews
1 people did not find this review helpful
- see site Trace Elliot,
and also a video with the connections in detail on youtube
- simple configuration, complete with the preshape, the equalizer, compressor, you get what you want (+ effects loop exploitable)
the record is complete, with some configuration examples,
in some temperature, we obtain the desired sound
- I do not think TE is dedicated to one style of music,
their settings are accurate and suitable for all styles,
this is the bass sound that will be for a particular style of music
- Overall Opinion
- I tested the ampeg (Korean), the Hartke (Chinese), the ashdown, peavey's ...
and stayed with Trace Elliot
I use it for 4 months,
I did not fully exploited, but it has the reserve, and we do not get tired,
the price is quite high but is justified,
the finish is excellent, no defects, the materials are on,
He inspires confidence,
the coating is easy to clean,
the speakon, cover, pedal are included in the price!,
It is made in britain,
I definitely do it again this choice
- Characteristics of the head Trace Elliot AH600-7:
* 500-Watt Mosfet Amplifier
* Pre-Shape Button
* 7-band EQ
* Effects loop series
* Output Mute
* XLR output selectable pre / post
* Dimensions (WxHxD): 491 x 158 x 335 mm
* Weight: 15 kg
- * The configuration is simple?
yes very easy
* Gets it easy to sound good?
it's hard not to have a "good sound", the EQ you sculpt the sound you want:)
* The manual is clear and sufficient? ...
very clear with a first party "Quick" difficult to make it clear ...
- * Will it fit your style of music?
it is perfect for almost any style, my style is Rock and Metal is perfect!
he has a hell of sin!
the footswitch is very useful especially in conjunction Mute's really great to change the bass on stage
the compressor does its job very well
* With what (s) guitar (s) / low (s) or effect (s) do you play?
Fender Precision, Ibanez icb300, Ibanez SR200, SR305 Ibanez, epiphone thunderbird
no effect ... Finally, no effect since I have this amp head:)
* What kind of sound you get and with what settings ("crystalline", "fat ",....)?
almost every kind of sound you want
- Overall Opinion
- * For how long have you been using it?
* What thing do you like most/least about it?
sound, it kills literally, I had a fender, a peavey and other brol:) none of them comes close
and yet I loved my Bassman:)
* What is your opinion about the value for the price?
great for you 1000 euros a head that you probably keep the rest of your life:)
plus it has really drunk with his green light
* Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice? ...
yes I had to buy a Trace much sooner:)
- - Transistor
- 500 watts (4 ohms)
- Speakon output jack +
- Circuit preshape - 7-band classic graphic equalizer - compressor - SERIES effects loop - mute (all outputs except tuner) - XLR DI for symtriques signal pr-or post-EQ Preamp (switch) - p Dali CONTRL preshape functions, graphic EQ, compressor and mute
- - Can hardly be simpler
- Yes! it is not difficult to ring the bte!
- No need for manual
- - Compltement! (Style: electro dub drum & bass)
- With a hohner headless bass and warwick thumb
- My sound is sub with low frquences very pretty and well rounded!
- I think it's complicated to make a sound with this shit head
- Overall Opinion
- - For 1 year
- I love everything about this head (the cosmthique the sound!) But the big + is the simplicity of use
- I tried and / or possd a lot of head and config diffrent (ampeg b2re, 3500 hatke, please prampli ampeg pro + power amp etc ...) and frankly I I fell in love with Trace Elliot! In terms of legalization low (I mean the function preshape especially) I think they are really on top! I'll be curious to see a blindtest between the head (transistor) and "large" heads ampeg lamps, it is really bluffing! APRS is branch of 2 Ampeg cabinets SVT15E therefore a help! I am a perfectionist about my sound because it is very important to the style of my crew and I tried the new gear and change the rgulirement but I can not imagine selling it one day!
I would like to add that the DI output is excellent and it is the very first time that my sound engineer takes me directly DI post EQ signal is so clean. And finally the little more English: the rtro green-lighting (adjustable by a knob derrire): beautiful!