Tascam DP-32 Digital Portastudio
Tascam introduces DP-32, a 32 track Digital Portastudio with solid-state recording, a colour LCD display and channel strip controls.
Up to eight tracks can be recorded at a time through its combination XLR and ¼" combo jacks on a standard SD/SDHC memory card. Input processing like compression and limiting, an internal send effect with reverb, delay and chorus, guitar amp simulation and multi-effects for use with the instrument-level input as well as an external effects send are available during recording.
For mixdown, the DP-32 offers 20 channel faders and 12 rotary controls for EQ, Pan and effects including reverb and chorus. During the mastering process, the material can be further optimised with EQ, compression and normalisation. Once finished, songs can be written to CD with the built-in CD-RW drive or transferred to computer over USB to publish the songs on the Internet, for example.
- 32-track digital Portastudio
- 8 mono tracks, 12 stereo tracks (can also be used as mono tracks)
- Record up to 8 tracks at once with 44.1/48 kHz and 16/24-bit audio resolution
- Simultaneous playback of all 32 tracks
- Virtual tracks for alternate takes and undo
- Dedicated stereo master track
- Colour LC display and 12-encoder channel strip for simple operation
- Built-in 40-channel mixer
- Mix down your 32 playback tracks with eight input signals to the dedicated stereo master track
- Use the Bounce function to set tracks free by mixing multiple tracks to a single mono or stereo track
- Dedicated controls for EQ, pan and effect sends
- Solid-state recording to SD Card media for better shock resistance and reliability compared to hard drive recording
- 8 balanced microphone inputs on balanced combo XLR/jack connectors
- Switchable phantom power for 4 channels each
- One input switchable to instrument level for direct recording of a guitar or bass
- Unbalanced stereo output (RCA jacks)
- Balanced stereo monitor output (6.3-mm TRS jacks)
- Two unbalanced effect sends (6.3-mm TS jacks)
- Stereo headphones output (6.3-mm TRS jack)
- MIDI input and output for MMC, Control Change and MTC output
- Footswitch input (2.5-mm mini jack) for Tascam RC-3F (optional accessory)
- Input effects (Limiter, Compressor, Noise suppressor, Exciter)
- Guitar effects (Amp simulator, Reverb, Compressor, Chorus, Flanger, Phase shifter)
- Mixdown effects (Reverb, Delay, Stereo chorus)
- Mastering effect (Single/Multi-band stereo compressor, EQ, Noise shaping)
- Mark function (up to 99 location marks)
- Built-in chromatic tuner and metronome
- CD-RW drive for audio CD creation as well as file import and export
- USB 2.0 port for data backup/restore and file transfer with a computer
Pricing & Availability:
The Tascam DP-32 Digital Portastudio will be available in mid-December at a projected price of £739.
Viewers of this article also read...
- A&H iLive "Grand Slam" Rebate Allen & Heath USA launched their iLive "Grand Slam" rebate program which offers cash rebates up to $2000 on the digital mixing system.
- TC-Helicon Updates for VoiceLive Play TC-Helicon releases "More Play-Direct Effects Control & Preset Mega-Pack", a free firmware update for VoiceLive Play and VoiceLive Play GTX.
- Effectrode Blackbird Pedal The SR-71 ‘Blackbird’ is a two channel tube preamp in a pedal with two truely independent channels.