DigiTech RP12 user reviews
- Analog effects: Compressor, OD / Disto, 4-band EQ paramtrique, noise gate, amp simulator.
Effects numriques: 40 algorithms including modulation, pitch shifters, delays, reverbs, panners, Duckers and graphic EQ.
The interface is composed of an LCD display and various buttons to navigate through custom settings (not in or not via shortcut).
12 pedals on 2 floors to navigate in the sound banks, to switch individual effects of its current or bypass the pdalier; can also accder a tuner that makes the instrument during the silent 'opration finally, an expression pedals available.
Connector: 1 input jack, two output, one headphone jack, a MIDI IN, 1 MIDI OUT / THRU.
- The manual is available in English and in French, which allows both quickly understand what it is about, and bypass = increasing problem of translation-betrayal.
You can choose to stay in the basic paramtrage effects or to intervene at an end trs as mixers are inserted between the effects, allowing chanages in SERIES in parallle , in mono, Stereo, and can also compltement Sauvager its rglages machiavlique seeking a combination of all a.
The expression pedals can be assigned many paramtres out of the expression (for the whammy and wah-wah) or volume.
Each of the pedals can be assigned pdalier anything other than its basic function. For example, if you do not have reverb or pitch shifter on your sound, you can assign fixed values of paramtres (the central frquence an equalizer Settings, the gain of the distortion, the feedback of a flanger).
In short, the possibility of changing the configuration is standard, but did do a lot of manipulations, must know what you want ...
- Sound Quality
- It is a pdalier guitar and I use it mainly with a low, so everything is not perfect. The best fawn to realize is to try to give the MI: the tuner loses compltement downs ...
- The pitch shifter trs prcis
- The 4 EQ paramtriques
- The possibility of quilibrage volume sounds (clean / drive level, master volume, mixers)
- The compressor that lacks finesse rglage (an adjustable volume of 1 7 is really too little)
- Which certainly grazed detune the sound, but the power dtriment
- Too low in some algorithms can (the gate reverb and graphic equalizer can not be coupled with another effect numrique, moral I never use it)
- The fact that the effects are individual switches on the deuxime range of pedals (you can change it but it's really a job)
- Overall Opinion
- I bought it in 1999 because I had just enough time to lose my factory install and uninstall base pedals, heard a blast and can not have me down between two pieces rglages change. Pdalier with this, I assign each song a sound is IDAL as for research and for the live sound.
The device n'tait not given the era (4800F), but remains an economic solution over the purchase of a rack and a pdalier control.
- You can Tlcharger the user manual on the RP12 Digitech website at: http://www.digitech.com/discontinued.htm
apply effects on a frequency band of 20Hz 20kHz complte
signal processing in 24 bits, internal transmission of give in 48-bit
3 Distortion: Overdrive - Heavy Sustain - Grunge
3 EQ: 10 band graphic - 4 paramterique bands with adjustable length - 10 amp models with 3 hot pregnant mediums 3 3 1 super bright Sir optimizes all frequencies
3 reverb: the quality of Big studio, specially the multi effects, reverb Gated professional.
5 Delay & sampler is a 1 to 2 or 4 repetitions - a digital STREO delay - a delay with a pitch module and 1.5 second for each loop sampler has programmable start playing.
8 Pitches with pitch shift - smooth pitch - Harmony - detune in mono - mono dual detune - whammy - smooth whammy - arpeggiator
10 modules mono chorus - dual chorus - phase 4 chorus - mono flanger - dual flanger - mono phaser - dual phaser - mono tremolo - stereo tremolo - auto panner.
3 mixers effects mono - 6 stereo mixers - mixers and other SPECIFICATIONS
A noise gate to push the volume, a stereo Ducker, a phase inverter, and a vintage one WahWah WahWah automatic.
Control pedal effects intgre
MIDI intgrbr /> table of transmission and reception MIDI intgre
And control of effects parameters in real time via MIDI
100% automatic chromatic tuner ....
- 25 banks of 5 programs 100% customizable with 36 effects algorithms in memory ... What's more, everything is there. It takes a little getting used to what is normal given the number of effects, but we do it quickly in the game trs
A pedal "all in one" as the RP12 totally convinced me to sell all my effects pedals since all configs are selectable and especially over cable, batteries, power supply lying around or walking around from time to time ...
- Sound Quality
- Used in home studio with an Ibanez JS1000 either live on a Hughes & Kettner Tube 50 is a table numrique Yamaha. Even in the effects loop on the amp is the top. Godin had a lot more before typ jazz funk rock that sounds big and yet grunge spent nickel. A sure to read the instructions and you will sound perfect. All effects are super prcis and even a little too in some cases but always end up getting the desired sound.
The Digitech's catalog is often a little too metallic or shiny, it is obvious that the pdalier out of the box with factory settings is a bit crude, but the record is clear and trs Technical Info gives all want in very little time. [b]
- Overall Opinion
- Used for 7 years in home studio, the sound and really I prefer Digitech. I regret not having the means to buy a rack era of GSP because the function does not interest me cest pdalier rather for people who play in groups and move with their Matis. But really no regrets in sound.
Personally I want to stay with Digitech effects but rather in rack version.