or
Create an account

or
1 Audio issues with Dell XPS 8960 and Focusrite Scarlette 4i4- cuts out after 2 or 3 min.
This might not be a good forum for this- but (A) I can't get a response from other forums and (B) I have read tons of articles saying the Dell XPS series is a top choice for mid-range price computers for audio recording, (C) seems like Focusrite is a top choice to.

So I bought a brand new Focusrite 4i4 3rd Generation.

My computer is a brand new:
Dell XPS 8960 which has-
Intel 13th Generation Core i9-13900K Processor with Turbo Boost to 5.80GHz
64GB RAM
Windows 11
4TB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 super
Reaper files are on a separate stored hard drive, VST library on another separate library.

So I know it's not high end but this should more than enough to handle anything i do.

The sound is great but every 2 OR 10 minutes the sound just fricken STOPS on youtube videos or reaper or anything else- COMING OUT OF THE FOCUSRITE 4i4 3rd gen (but not computer headphones). Video or whatever media keeps playing but no sound. The settings on focusrite and computer match 48000 sample rate.
I've turned off all the USB settings that say turn off USB to save power.
My computer is set at high performance.
Focusrite is selected as the default input and output for the computer sound.
I just updated all my Dell drivers as well as Focusrite, NVIDIA and Realtek.

In 2019, bought a Dell 8930 and it worked great for 3 1/2 years and then suddenly the sound started glitching every 16 seconds. I spent a whole week trying to fix it and even bought a new focusrite.

Everybody says Dell XPS 8960 is great, everyone uses Focusrite. So I bought both NEW. updated drivers.
I'm starting to think Dell just doesn't work with focusrite or has constant problems. it's pissing me off because i can't get anything done. i just want to record and it's always a new issue. And I just spent thousands? Does anyone have any experience with Focusrite and Dell combination issues?

UPDATE. UNPLUGGING THIS FOCUSRITE AND THEN PLUGGING BACK IN MAKES THE SOUND COME BACK- THEN GOES SILENT AGAIN AFTER 2 TO 10 MINUTES. tried a different USB as well. wiggling doesn't matter so i don't think there is a short. WHAT THE HELL WOULD MAKE THIS HAPPEN after all this trouble shooting- over and over?

Does Focusrite just SUCK and should I use a different one? I'm $2,500 over budget buying a new cmputer- is there an interface with similar price?
I'm getting to where i DESPISE recording. Just one issue after another after another after another- I literally get nothing done. Computers were just not made to work with these interfaces and DAWS. I wish I could go back to korg 18 track machines