or
Create an account

or

Thread Saffire Pro 24 Not Recognized by Brand New MacBook Pro (Sonoma 14.4.1)

• 1 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 Saffire Pro 24 Not Recognized by Brand New MacBook Pro (Sonoma 14.4.1)
I finally took the plunge and replaced my aging MacBook with a brand new MacBook Pro.

The very first thing I did was my very first hurdle!

My Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 is not recognized when I install and run Mix Control.

I've gone through all the instructions on the Focusrite website but it is not giving me any options at any point to authorize or unlock any drivers - it all appears to have been installed perfectly, it just doesn't recognize my interface.

Does anyone have any suggestions, as I really don't want to have to pay even more money to replace my Saffire, especially as I wouldn't have any confidence that any other drivers would successfully install... and it already cost me £49.00 just for a Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adaptor!

Thank you for any help available.
Quote from NickFrauds:
I finally took the plunge and replaced my aging MacBook with a brand new MacBook Pro.

The very first thing I did was my very first hurdle!

My Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 is not recognized when I install and run Mix Control.

I've gone through all the instructions on the Focusrite website but it is not giving me any options at any point to authorize or unlock any drivers - it all appears to have been installed perfectly, it just doesn't recognize my interface.

Does anyone have any suggestions, as I really don't want to have to pay even more money to replace my Saffire, especially as I wouldn't have any confidence that any other drivers would successfully install... and it already cost me £49.00 just for a Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adaptor!

Thank you for any help available.

Just an update for anyone considering updating MacOS to Sonoma - your Saffire Pro will no longer work and Focusrite ended support in 2019. :(

On the bright side, I bought myself a Motu M4 and my MIDI latency has dropped by 75% (using their proprietory drivers).