or
Create an account

or

Thread Have to reboot iMac for Saffire Pro 14 to work.

• 3 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 4 followers
1 Have to reboot iMac for Saffire Pro 14 to work.
Hi.
I have an imac running osx 10.6 and a Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 connected via firewire.
THe unit works fine - with one problem - no sound will come out until the mac is booted a second time - after which i don't even need to make any config/setting changes - it all works.
the first time the mac boots up it is odd - when i run the utility - i can see the sound indicators on the various inputs go up (so sound is coming in). Also all the status indicators show that the unit is connected and working fine. There is simply no sound - i've tried headphones/speakers but no change.
But if I reboot the mac - then it all works fine and all inputs work ok and it provides sound to my DAW (Ableton) no problem.
Can someone think of a way I can fix this ? Im not an expert on firewire - but I have waited a few mins after bootup but this doesn't help. Should I disconnect the firewire port every time Im finished with the unit ???
Any help appreciated.
Leon.
Hey leon-nelson, did you ever find a solution for this? I just started using the Saffire and am finding the same. Thanks.
Having the same problem. Love the quality but this has been driving me off the wall a bit.
Don't know if it helps but this happened to me with the Saffire Pro 24. To avoid that, I first boot my mac and a second after pushing the button, I switch on the Saffire.
Best solution, don't switch off the Saffire at all. When switching off the Mac, lights on the Saffire will switch off too, and it will automatically reconnect on startup.
Hope this helps :)