or
Create an account

or

Thread Issues installing Saffire pro 40

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Issues installing Saffire pro 40
To start off with I'm running an AMD Quad core Phenom 9850. 4gig ram running win7

I followed the directions to a T but still it doesn't see the unit. Its listed in Device Manager, however its not finding the driver.
The prceedure I used in installing the unit is as follows:
The contained disk didn't auto start. I proceeded to install mix control assuming that would contain the needed driver.
The I downed the computer and connected the firewire cable between the unit and computer. Powered up both the computer then the unit. ( I get the failed device insertion sound)I started mix control. I got no hardware connected. I looked in Device Manager and notice the unit was in there but had an exclamation point on it.
What am I not doing??

Thanks in advance,
Hans
Turns out its very finicky about what firewire card is used in conjunction with the Saffire Pro 40.
I found that the PDF suggested using the SIIG FireWire 2-Port PCIe Model NN-E20012-S2 Dual. Found one on Ebay for 38 bucks. Problem solved
Hi Hans,

Glad that you're up and running now.
Yes some Firewire cards to fall short of the mark sometimes, glad you found the PDF on our answer base though.

Please do contact our support team if you need anything other help.

Best regards
Simon // Focusrite Technical Support