or
Create an account

or

Thread Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 Audio Stops During Video Games

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 4 followers
1 Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 Audio Stops During Video Games
About the only thing I've found was this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/audioengineering/comments/28nzyx/scarlett_2i2_why_audio_stops_when_playing_a_game/[1]

The highest setting in the "control panel" was 10ms. I've taken it a step further and set the format in the advanced tab Line Out properties to 2 Channel 48000 Hz.

I've been testing it for the past 2 days and the audio still cuts out over and over again. I have to disable+enable the sound device to hear it again.

The 2i2 is less than a week old which means I still have a chance to return it. I'm hoping there is a solution that could work for me so I don't have to. Thanks in advance for any help.

Windows 7 64 bit SP1 (Fully up to date)
CPU i7-3770k
8 GB RAM
All drivers up to date.
It turns out that a user from reddit helped me with a suggestion that worked for me. I had my device plugged into USB 3.0. Now that it's in a 2.0 slot it seems to be working well. I've been using it for hours and haven't had a problem.
Excellent! Glad to hear it, let us know if you still have any more issues down the road
HI Adabo,

Glad to hear you're up and working, yes different USB ports can sometimes react in different ways to different devices attached to it.
Try these proactive optimisation steps below to help with your system moving forward:

https://global.focusrite.com/answerbase/optimising-your-pc-for-audio-on-windows-7

Please ensure you have disabled power saving mode for USB devices:

In the device manager (Start > Control Panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager), in the Universal Serial Bus controllers section, right click each USB Root Hub, choose Properties > Power Management and untick the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option.

USB Power

If using a Laptop, it could also be worth checking the general power management of your computer:
Go to Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options.
Set the Power Scheme to High Performance (if this setting is not available, click on Show additional plans first). Then click on Change plan settings. On the next page set both Turn off the display and Put the computer to sleep to Never.

Power Options

Then click Change advanced power settings. In the window that opens make sure you have the following settings:
Hard disc > Turn off hard disk after > Setting (Minutes) = Never
Sleep > Sleep after > Setting (Minutes) = Never
USB settings > USB selective suspend setting > Setting = Disabled
Display > Turn off display after > Setting (Minutes) = Never
Processor power management > Minimum processor state > Setting = 100%
Processor power management > Maximum processor state > Setting = 100%

Please note, not all options may be available.

It could also be worth checking for any available USB/Chipset driver updates for your motherboard, including the latest BIOS updates.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Simon // Focusrite Technical Support