or
Create an account

or

Thread Windows 10 Threshold 2 - Scarlett 2i2 Problems.

• 4 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Windows 10 Threshold 2 - Scarlett 2i2 Problems.
I am all out of ideas with this thing. I get really bad clicks and pops with this. I don't think i've ever had this thing running good on my amd computer.

Specs -

Fx 8350 (cpu)
Xfx r9 280x (gpu)
M5a97 R2.0 (mobo)

I have everything updated, all the newest chipset drivers, bios, drivers, everything. Power settings set, I even disabled the power settings in bios, still no luck.

Ran latencymon and the following drivers are giving me issues.

tcpip.sys
ndis.sys
and usbport.sys

I've went through 7, 8, 8.1 and now 10 and just cannot get this thing to work good. I keep waiting for drivers to come out but nothing releases. I'm currently using Focusrite USB2 Drivers 3.2.2

Are there any drivers coming out soon?

I don't even have a control panel to mess with the latency settings or whatever. Just a control panel that says balanced, mixing, and recording.

Such a shame I spent alot of money on a card and can't get good drivers for this :( this is such great hardware. But even at that, when you guys release a driver my mobo maker (asus) is even slower to release drivers.

Hi John,

Sorry to hear that you are having such a tough time with getting audio to stream without clicks and pops.

I see that you have submitted a case with us, so I have offered some suggestions there. Please let us know how you come along!

Best regards,
David//Focusrite Technical Support
I have gotten your message. I replied with pictures. Let me know if you got them
Any idea if new drivers are going to be released for the focusrite 2i2 soon? I have given people a trace of my system and it seems to be the focusrite that is causing the latency. I have uninstalled literally everything and just plugged in the 2i2 and usbport.sys is causing the latency on here. Would be nice to see some new drivers :) I just want to get rid of this click and pop :( so annoying
Hi John,

Were you able to resolve this issue via your emails with our support team?
From what I can see, you're using an AMD cpu, and so there are some drivers that we can't test on your system.
On Windows 10, and with an AMD machine, I would suggest changing back to 2.5.1 driver which is tested as fully supported with Scarletts on Windows 10:

http://d3se566zfvnmhf.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/focusrite/downloads/20512/focusrite-usb-2-driver-2.5.1.exe

To ensure that Windows as assigned the correct driver, please navigate to Control Panel -> Device Manager -> right-click on interface in Sound, Video & Game Controllers -> Update driver software -> Browse My Computer -> Let me pick from a list -> Ensure 2.5.128.1 is selected and click Next

If you are still in contact with us over email, please ignore this and reply via the email system so we can keep all information there.

Best regards
Simon