Create an account

or

Thread Scarlett 6i6 gen 2 distorted sound everywhere except in Ableton

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Scarlett 6i6 gen 2 distorted sound everywhere except in Ableton
Hello!

Yesterday I updated the drivers for my Scarlett 6i6 gen 2.
After that I had issues with bursts of distorted sound. Except in Ableton 10.
Does the Scarlett 6i6 work different outside of Ableton?
Can I check if my media players, internet browsers and other programs are using Focusrite Thunderbolt ASIO or Focusrite USB ASIO?

- I have no issues with the same Scarlett 6i6 on my laptop. With the same cable. (I have also tried with different cables.)

- Tried the: How to fully uninstall Focusrite Control and the Focusrite Audio Driver on Windows. From the Focusrite site.

- I have also tried different sample rate and buffer size. Sample Rate: 48000 Buffer Size: 256. (This also works perfect on my laptop.)

- I did uninstall all other soundcard drivers. In my registry editor, under ASIO: I now only have Focusrite Thunderbolt ASIO and Focusrite USB ASIO.

- Ableton 10 is using Sample Rate: 48000 Buffer Size: 256. Focusrite USB ASIO.

Windows 10.
Ableton 10.
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core 3800 Mhz.
32 Gb Ram.

This distorted sound drives me crazy and all help are very appreciated. Thank you :D:
I got an older driver from Focusrite and everything works perfect again.
Hi funkjoy

I had the same issue with my Scarlett 6i6 on my Windows 11 (23H2) PC. Updated to the latest driver but had distorted audio. Couldn't even watch YouTube or listen to any music on my PC. Rolled back to an old driver and everything is working fine again. Go figure.

I recently bought a 2i2 4th generation, just as an upgrade but once I installed Focusrite Control 2 (the driver for the 2i2 4th gen), same issue. Distorted audio. Returned the 2i2 and will stick to the 6i6 with the old driver for now...until Focusrite updates their drivers.

[ Post last edited on 10/30/2023 at 01:56:38 ]