or
Create an account

or
1 Anyone know of a cable I can purchase online for s/pdif coax to toslink (pc connection)?
Hi,

I've been searching and have yet to locate a s/pdif coax (rca connection on back of 6i6) to toslink Mini for connection into a PC motherboard. I am wanting to share this unit between 2 desktops. One with just be the USB connection to 1/4" out to my studio monitors (DAW system) and main desktop toslink into the s/pdif input. It is looking more and more like I'll need to get a converter box that goes toslink input to s/pdif coax/RCA out into the 6i6. Unless someone knows a place online that has a cable? So far no luck finding one (6ft max length I need).

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Well looks like I am going with a C2G Toslink (in) to Coax RCA (out) converter box (powered) and picking up a C2G cable to go into the focusrite scarlett. So I will be hooking things up probably on wed. afternoon since I have something to do tuesday afternoon and the items won't be here till probably late in the day. I'll post back once I get things configured up between the two PC's.

Mike
Good luck! Hope it works for you. Keep us posted.
It worked. I had to get to online chat with tech support for MixControl settings but it is working. I had to crank both desktops volume output to max (per the tech to get signal hot) and just adjust volume via the HW knob on the unit itself. My synth (Korg M50) comes through fine Audio-wise, just need to check I have my MIDI cables in right (I believe I did as one is colored and -out from synth to in on unit). But so far it is working. Now to find the damn manual so I can do some light reading off/on for MixControl lol.

I picked up a 3ft RCA digital cable from C2G mfr (same for the toslink IN to RCA OUT powered converter box off main desktop, works fine!

Mike