or
Create an account

or

Thread I wanna record vocal to my pc.

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 I wanna record vocal to my pc.
What do i need to record vocal to my PC? I need a mic and a pre-amp so i can connect them to my PC.

PC info.

2433 megahertz Intel Pentium 4
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Bus Clock: 533 megahertz
2048 Megabytes Installed Memory
29.15 GB free
253.71 GB free
Creative SB Live! Series (WDM)
SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device

Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio Version 9.0 (Build 85) *

Well let me know. Thankz
Hi,

Depends on your budget and what you wanna do really.

There's a jack on the back of your pc so if ya just wanna send a voice message sort of thing or low key mess around then this is good. Otherwise you need an interface that connects your mic to your pc. In terms of an amp, some come with some don't depending on budget. Also depending on what type of mic your gonna use. Condensor mics need phantom power. Great for recording vocals but with big $$$ tags. Everything else is pretty much a dynamic mic with varying patterns eg a cardoid has a figure 8 shape so if you were to interview someone it would pick you and your interviewee but essentially miss the cyclist going past on the other side of the road.

Um, if i was helping you set up i'd ask you what your intending on reccording. You can get caught up really easy buying an interface with only one mic in then realising you need two and so on.

Hope it helps.:cool:
Ey I wanna records vocals over mp3 beats. I've used a cheap $10 but got distortion in it. So basically that all i wanna do clear crisp vocals to put in the beats.

Hope u get i better idea of what i wanna do`...
What about a Shure 57 - cheap enough but really good for vocals. I'd spend my last $40 on a good because it's easier working with a clean vocal then trying to clean it up.