or
Create an account

or

Thread Beginner which is best Reason - Live 8 - Fruity Loops??

• 10 replies
  • 5 participants
  • 5 followers
1 Beginner which is best Reason - Live 8 - Fruity Loops??

Hi guys n gals

I am a complete noob when it comes to producing music and recently got hold of copies of Live 8, Reason 4 and Fruity Loops 9.

I know it is a matter of opinion when it comes to the whole "Which is better" debate but I would like to know which would be better suited for someone new to music production, so I am asking for advise from experienced users as to which they feel would be easier to get on with in the early days, preferably people who have used or still use all the above packages.

I am looking at learning at Point-blank London and they seem to use Ableton Live and Pro tools for most of there courses

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Live 8. FL Studio is good but in Live 8 you can really get creative. FL studio is good to put together notes and melodies but Live 8 has grooves and drumming abilities FL Studio isn't able to hold up to.

***Let me know if you need more help..

-NOVA-

www.BeatsByNova.com

-NOVA-                  

www.BeatsByNova.com

"Invest In YOUR Sound"

So if FL is good for creating melodies can they be created and then put into Live 8? And will I be better of doing an Ableton Live 8 course?

Oh any advise you can offer would be great checked out your site and loving your beats man.

Yea. So for instance, if your into club joints or strong synth sounds, then FL Studio is your best bet. Me personally, i sample a lot, then add intruments on top of my samples and chops. I mentioned before that Ableton has grooves from different drum machines like MPC and other groove that can make your track have that undeniable "bounce" that one would get from an MPC. Ableton Live 8 has a lot to offer, so what i did was just spend time looking at video tutorials on Ableton Live.

I would advise you to go with your gut instinct and go with a sound that's all your own, instead of whats popular. Who knows, your sound could be the next popular thing.

keep in touch

-NOVA-

www.BeatsByNova.com

-NOVA-                  

www.BeatsByNova.com

"Invest In YOUR Sound"

Thanks "You are the man" icon_cool.gif

I like the look of ableton but finding the tutorials not as good as the ones I got hold of for Reason v4 though I think I will stick with Live 8 as more options when it comes to courses but I just want to get a greater understanding before paying for a course.

The thing I like about Reason and FL is the drum machines and that could change in time.... with FL and Reason I seem to be making some descent beats and hoping I'll get hang of the melodies once I have a midi keyboard! But I love the sounds that Live 8 produces with Impulse they seem more authentic, but find it hard to get the beats right when it comes to using my keyboard (Timing) a friend of mine showed me one of his pads and he banged in the beats a couple of times and then it synced and then he started to add his Hi hats etc how would I do this Ableton and also can I set it to record from when I hit the first not rather than hit record then start doing the beats.

Can you point me in the right direction of some good tutorials as I downloaded some but they are using macs and I may be imagining it but everything isn't in the same place

Thanks for your advise it is much appreciated and you seem to know your stuff and your beats on your site are heavey shame your in the states other wise I'd pay you to teach me.

MB

Back Again!!!

Wassup man...Aight look. Here's a couple video links that got me started in the right direction

Vid 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ff0AcOsH3E&feature=related

Vid 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv0-JjCybzM

Vid 3: This one is how i really caught on to ableton. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXZWYyDNZ4k&feature=related

Vid 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmbYeD43hWs&feature=related

Vid 5: These are tutorials by BBOY SPAZ, dude knows his stuff. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sampling+techniques+ableton&aq=3

These are some vids that really made me stop using FL and convert to Ableton. Be sure to check out the my site from time to time. Show some of your music friends my beats and lets network man haha.

Keep ya head up man. Let me know if the vids help

-NOVA-

www.BeatsByNova.com

-NOVA-                  

www.BeatsByNova.com

"Invest In YOUR Sound"

Cheers man

Will check out the sites bit later on... I will be sure to post or link some tracks to you as and when they come.

Cool

M

yo man its great that you're starting producing. its one of the best hobbies/jobs ever!

But whats true is that no matter which .daw you have.. whether fl, reason, cubase, sonar, logic... whatever.. you can always do everything with ANY daw. as far as mpc's go.. you can download those and use them as plugin's with any daw that supports plugins. FL supports all types of plugins, and i have 3 different mpcs in my fl right now.

Go to www.zeddbeats.com i can mix really well in fl and master vocals too. i can do beats from light rnb to strong and gritty hip hop to club beats to light and fast paced pop.

Drums are easy with FL studios.. and really as far as sounds go, that all depends on the vsts/keyboards you have. soundfonts also come in handy.

Im a 2 year fl studio producer.. but its true what he says. its just your choice. whatever feels right for you and easy for you to use. Like i said earlier. all daws are basically the same. there might be a few minor stock differences, like cubase may have better programs for mastering vocals than fl, but you can always download those programs and throw them into Fl's mixer. easy.

i'm biased towards fl studio