Create an account

or

Thread UREI 1603 Low Freq Distortion with GAINS

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 UREI 1603 Low Freq Distortion with GAINS
Hello all!!
After days of searching all the forums looking for a solution to my problem, I open thread to see if someone can give me a hand to identify the problem of the mixer. I recently bought this UREI 1603 mixer, the guy told me that he had the power supply fixed (typical failure of these mixers). I have opened it and it has not been necessary to clean it because it is pristine inside, not a speck of dust. The fault comes in the gain of the channels. When the gain rises above a quarter, the bass begins to sound distorted, as if it were lofi, a little broken. You lower the rest of the EQ and in effect it is the bass that sounds like that. In all channels the same thing happens, it does not matter what output use, Cabin, master, XLR, RCA or headset.
It doesnt matter the level of the final master, what distorts is the GAIN of each channel when raising it more than a quarter. In the end what I do is raise the master to the top and leave the gain very low so as not to hear the distortion. But it gives me very little range to mix the tracks.

Has anybody a clue of what is happening inside the UREI?

Thank you in advance

All the best :)

[ Post last edited on 09/29/2023 at 08:42:07 ]