or
Create an account

or
1 Received a Blue Screen; Updated all drivers; Now every 16 seconds audio glitches
Hello,
I was getting the Blue screen (WDF_VIOLATION) every day and it required my computer to restart. I updated all my windows drivers as well as my audio interface (Focusrite scarlet 4i4).The blue screen is no longer happening but:
Now every time I play an audio, youtube or any other source (windows media)- It sounds terrific until about every 16 seconds there is a big glitch in the audio for a full second. It sounds like a buzzing like an old radio that would have a short in in it. lasts for one second and then back to perfect sounds for another 16 seconds. Often but not always when an audio starts. It is super frustrating. I have spend 2 full 8 hour days trying to fix this. I have: replaced my audio interface (I bought a whole brand new focusrite / scarlette 4i4)/ cable- but it doesn't matter because the glitch also happens when I plug a headphone directly into the computer. I have configured the audio endlessly-Updated audio drivers. Set comp to "high performance".
Disabled any questionable competing drivers.
other things. Restarted my computer 50 times.
I have a Dell XPS 8930-7814BLK-PUS Tower Desktop - 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8700 Processor, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Hard Drive + 16GB Intel Optane Memory, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060. Uses RealTek with WavesMaxAudio Pro (this works but even the test in this has the glitch.)
I can only assume the windows update messed this up but I tried to roll back and I could only go back 4 days to when I installed.... since the audio worked perfectly before.

UPDATE: Plugging in a headphone directly into the computer via usb was fine- the sound is perfect, no glitches. it's the speakers and headphones going through the focusrite scarlett is when there is a problem. I have the latest focusrite driver. I have an old and a brand new out of the box focusrite machine. i have them configured perfect. i have the latest realtek audio driver.

Please help

[ Post last edited on 10/15/2023 at 13:38:06 ]