or
Create an account

or

Thread Logitech Monitors

• 3 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Logitech Monitors
I was checking some speakers for a friend's home studio. I was impressed by the reviews of Logitech's Z-680 5.1 system. Has anyone used these in their studio? Are they good home studio monitors for creating professional music?

Also, Logitech lists another speaker set called the Z-5500. I didn't know if there is any difference in these. They are listed as "digital", but the Z-680 takes a digital input as well.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
I realize I did not give enough information on this subject. My friend is building a home studio that is computer based. He wants to be able to eventually produce 5.1 or 7.1 sound comprised of guitar recordings (to computer), sampling, and voice recordings (to computer). I already recommended the Terratec Aureon Universe 7.1 for a sound card, but am looking for a set of reference monitors for him.

Would it be better to go with individual active monitors like Mackie HR624's ($3,000 total) or a complete 5.1/7.1 speaker system ($500 total). Money is not an issue for him, but I don't want to recommend a higher priced system then what he needs. He is looking for professional quality mixes.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
i am using a logitech 6.1 speaker setup connected to my E-MU sound dock, i got it for under $200!!!!and the emu setup was less than $500 with cubase vst 5.1

the speakers are great, they produce great bass levels and sound quality, especially with the option to disconnect the back speaker and have 5.1 audio, not to menion their great gaming sound, they are the logitech z-280 6.1 speakers, and a E-MU 1820m with the E-Mu 1010 pci sound card
Hey Silverbot,
I recently ordered a e-mu 1820m . I see that you configured your card to use logitech 6.1 speakers.
Could you please post the details of how you did that ... like the cables that you had to buy and how you connected them to which outputs..etc.,.
I am a newbie and the more detail your explanation, the more helpful it will be for me.
I thank you in advance.
Regards
Ram