or
Create an account

or

Thread Recording software

• 4 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Recording software
I've been trying to record using first AcidPro and then N-Track studio, and I have the same problem with both studios... massive lag when playing back a second track over the original. It's erratic and unpredictable. I have a foxconn motherboard and audigy soundcard. I've tried changing the sampling frequency endlessly and I've also tried altering the buffering settings. Nothing seems to help. Can anyone make any suggestions?
This lag is called "latency". you need to lower your latency, and this is done through the sound card or the software or both. try lowering it as much as possible without getting glitches. when you say you tried

Quote: "changing the sampling frequency endlessly and I've also tried altering the buffering settings. Nothing seems to help."

did you do this in the program, or the soundcard?
In the program.
I don't understand what you mean by lowering the latency in the soundcard... no idea how to do that... could you explain how this is done??
Ok, you have an audigy sound card? there should be some kind of inteface or control panel for the audigy. you need to find it and reduce what is called "latency". latency is the gap or delay between what is played and what is heard. if the latency is to large, there's a big delay and it gets hard to play along with pre recorded stuff. But very low latencies are very demanding on computer resources. so you need to find the right latency that's low enough to be comfortable for your playing but that won't cause computer glitches. you need to experiment.

but first you need to choose a driver (asio is probably your best bet) and then adjust the latecy settings. this can also be done in software like sonar or cubase. but you can also do this through your sound cards interface or conrol panel. your fist step is finding this interface.

my question is: did you correctly install all the drivers that came with the audigy?