Create an account

or

Thread Learning Ableton

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Learning Ableton
hey all,
currently starting to, or at least trying to, learn ableton. How long did it take any of you who know the software well enough to create a song, and where did you learn it from?
Thanks
One good place to start is the tutorial and help info contained in Live itself, which is very good, and free. If you open the View menu and click on Help View, you'll see a list of the tutorials included. Going through those to start with will get you off on the right foot. Also, whenever you mouse over any section of the screen, the Info View pane on the lower left (you can turn that on and off in the View menu, too) gives you a description of that feature, which is also very helpful.

Probably the trickiest thing to master in Live is the Session View (the window where you launch clips from). It's important to understand how it differs conceptually from the Arrangement View, which is more like a standard DAW. You can experiment with the Session View by dragging some of the included clips into a track or several tracks and trying out the clip-launching features. But definitely take those tutorials. Once you get the hang of it, Live is actually pretty simple to understand. I'm sure you can also find plenty of free tutorial videos on YouTube.
Thanks! I didn't know that they had tutorials on their website, ill check them out! Hopefully, as i go on it more it'll get more familiar!