Roland G-70 user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
User reviews in other languages
- Arranger with a semi heavy touch (actually a light touch that allows for more expression) and aftertouch
- very easy to use and very very full!
- Overall Opinion
- I had a G800 before for almost 20 years and then I bought the g70 3 months ago, with 11 piano SRX card and then slap! expressiveness, piano music, vocal effects that fits well with mine (voice) with a Shure beta58, this is really what I wanted.
- The sequencer is very pleasant with its disposal various tracks "as in Cubase" (while the Tyros is a list of "vertical", we do not see all the tracks together on the screen unfortunately)
- Sorry I do not agree with what has been said about the G70 Manual: for me who have dealt with other manuals (Yamaha Tyros with that I have, Ketron SD5 with I also has), I could compare and I think the G70 Manual is the one that is more explicit, more clear, more educational (if you spend a little time) and with whom I able to go to every corner of the machine, while I stayed on my hunger with manuals Tyros and Ketron!
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for more than 10 years and I am always happy on stage and at home. The only complaint was a lack of renewal in sound quality; Roland was the impression that they live on their achievements in this area for years! It is true that compared to the scene (tea dances, balls, etc ...) the Ketron is more efficient in terms of sound, I also used to complement the G70
- 76-key synth heavy but not hit right answer keys, a bonus vocal harmony exelent.
midi in / out / thru, USB, audio, a + b, hold, volume and action effects
More than 1,200 sounds, many editable Styles, a phonic wheel organ drawbars (Hammond) virtual synth guitar (with the keyboard 6 keys for strings re mi sol mi and if other keys to the rhythm right hand.
Cakewalk sequencer-type color display tracks
Very good effects, mastering more on audio output.
- The setup is quite simple but it's "Roland" must be lapped.
edition is affordable when you know the manual "quite complicated in these exlications as always Roland must reread.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for 5 years as a piano and synth group scene and duet with arranger and midi file,
I particularly like the tone wheel with its digital Leslie and vocal harmony
bemol only you can independently adjust the volume right where his left hand version tonewheel organ
I have and has a dozen of Roland is one of the best in this type
I definitely do it again this choice
- 76-key, very pleasant to touch, a certain sweetness without being soft
The effects section is really full for sound, the compressor is also very good
Side connection, he possesses as the competitors, it lacks just a SPDIF output
Sequencer side, then the! I commend his work still ROLAND because a sequencer like this c unheard of, the interface is really super nice, a pleasure to perform sequences.
Moreover, the menus are all very clear, there is not 36 or submenus you tend to get lost and to access a certain menu, for example that of vocolizer, just keep your finger on the button to land in a menu, frankly edition of anything at all is very easy
Sounds (instruments) are always of good quality despite its year of release, it is not dated, some styles in side effects have been exceeded but
without "REVOLUTION" not
- Ultra simple use, the manual is frankly nothing lol lol
Talking about the edition styles, songs (MIDI sequences), sounds, ..
I've never seen a well designed keyboard, yet I was enormously keyboards and brands hands, to this day I think it is the best designed keyboard and ergonomics ... c PRO!
Reliability side, a real TANK! lol nothing to say, I've never had any problems!
(I speak for a G70 version 3! I said, because the version 1 and 2 present some problems, but a distant history c)
Side internal memory, maybe a little low if you store bcp sequences, at worst you add a memory extension card PCMCIA Compact flash, it does not cost almost nothing, for € 20 you can hear in 2GB memory (this is my case)
Oh yes I forgot, the vocalizer / vocoder of the G70, c frankly really upscale TYROS AND AUDYA can really lie lol lol lol Korg PA also possesses a very good vocoder / vocalizer, especially not overlook this point on your keyboard if you use it to sing
- Overall Opinion
- I bought this keyboard in 2007, I sold it in 2011 and ..... oh how sad .... I ended up buying it back in 2012, and today I'm still happy! it is true that the competitors as tyros 2,3,4 or AUDYA are front at all attractive styles ready for use, but the G70 is a war machine! A TRUE WORKSTATION lol! if you are pure ball look elsewhere (Yamaha tyros or Ketron AUDYA).
The G70 takes quite a fantom x sounds which is top, I recommend adding the SRX-03 STUDIO your G70, the SRX-01 is very suitable for me was the keyboard but rather for fantom x
If you want to use a keyboard as in dance, in concert with a group, or do studio work, the G70 is ideal, it is chameleon lol
Some styles are also VERY WELL before Tyros Audya and, moreover particularly JAZZ styles and muted piano (large X) ....
I redeem the March 1 times if necessary lol lol
- 76-key semi weighted, summary edition of effect but sufficient for this type of keyboard connectors sufficient sequencer, karaoke function, vocoder, a damn good guitar mode and editing style is basic and very easy.
Armony zippers are great. It may come or disappear each instrument that makes up the style very easily. guaranteed effect.
Dbeam The gadget is a pretty fun, the G70 has a sensor on the left side of the keyboard. Thanks to him, you can bring a crowd or disappear effect.
Well controlled and configured, Ca throws in live use.
For the audio portion, the pianos sound great, the magnificent organ, the voice canon, everything sax guitar and accordion, it breaks my ears with the preset starting (too much too sharp!).
For leads and webs bof bof except some really good. Finally, and this is really unfortunate, the brass are shit. it sounds "old"
But the big highlight of the device and what does that separates me from ever is the "music wizard.
You can save all your songs with styles, sounds, effects and everything you can imagine and remember a single click.
For live entertainment, it's great practice in 1 sec you have your parameters and are ready to play.
- Great ergonomics, so good that I never open the manual.
I did one or 2 times out of curiosity and everything is explained well.
Editing sounds is easy, in this context we must review the equalizer general is very poorly configured from the outset.
After haggling it's going much better already.
Much to let you know right away, factories, quality sounds (a few exeptions pressure) is really lame.
We must roll up their sleeves and go to settings to get something that sounds.
M'enfin is unfortunate that even when a keyboard is price, it better not be configured as AC departing!
There is nothing better to repel those who try it in demo!
- Overall Opinion
- I've had 3 years I had an E30 at the time was the best arranger of the year 80 and a Korg M1, an E96, a triton extreme 88 and recently a waldorf Q for the analog sound.
I bought roland closed eyes saw the cartoon of E30 at the time but I was somewhat disappointed by the quality of sounds in general.
The styles are quite frankly very very good, alive but very uneven. some are terrible, others are completely lame.
In all the styles are outdated, if you want some MIDI, go your way.
Despite all this keyboard looks great if you make animations for an audience somewhat old.
styles we are tons on the net, are good and less good.
I added a 1 gig card, with AC can save thousands of styles.
But what differentiates it from other arrangers his mouth of hell!
It is super beautiful, color touch screen is a terrible quality plastics and buttons is excellent. The beast is heavy enough, witness the strength and quelité elements.
Excellent value for money if you buy knowingly.
A remake, I will redeem it. it is very complementary to a synth that sounds more modern.
- Well, after 5 years of use, always the same regret for not having a REAL keyboard heavy and only 76 notes, with 81 (standard piano), it would have been better but hey .... Another regret not being able to have an area per section (there are 6), which would be handy on stage, including sound effects or minor procedures with which we do not requires a lot of notes. Another regret, the unreliability of the USB connection in use master keyboard with Logic on a PC. It is when he wants!
- Use issue, and the risk of repeating myself, it's really the swiss army knife! Convenient, fast, fast edition, the "Make Up" is great when using Midi Files PB incomplete and we want to improve the sound.
Ultra also practical for making models quickly, or bases, because the arrangements, including parts of batteries and copper, are well written. As for the manual, it does not give enough examples of manipulation but still manages to figure it out. In any event, even without, we arrive, after some trial and error to get by with flying colors. A small lack of understanding more "franchouillard" kind waltzes. Looks like the set of arrangement has been designed for a clientele beyond the Rhine. on the other hand, jazzy grooves are the god of fire!
- Overall Opinion
- 5 years of loyal service, both on stage and in the home studio. Nothing to say for a typical use (ball, evening etc. ...). And V with the update, new features open new horizons, including the ability to use a MIDI file as a basis (with the number of steps you will) to make a new arrangement. The "Guitar" is very useful for a keyboard and can mislead, especially in the background. Finally, the possibility of equalizer in the Make Up is great because it fits the song really sounds or arrangement. on the other hand, a little disappointed by the brass, lack of truth. But if it was to do again, I redeemed without problem
- We know enough dj, arranger for it is really wonderful and beautiful, 76 keys, thousands of sonnorits, vocal harmonizer, 16-track sequencer editable ...
Short! it is really great this keyboard.
- Nothing to say, the interface is really perfect, to believe that the manual (although also explained) will not vritablement necessary because you can get by without it. Moreover, the E-80 takes advantage of the ergonomics of the G-70 (a keyboard that I recommend as well).
However, I find that the guitars, brass and drum kits from the Tyros 2 are much better and the styles of the G-70 would make more grannies and grandpas happier but they are totally acceptable and all of the same well damn.
What I like most is the organ (with zippers), pianos, some tablecloths, give the plupar wind instruments, pianos and electric not to mention the human voice (jazz) poufff! too well! korg is a trans is clear lol!
- Overall Opinion
- I have over two years and I'm pissed off with, I ordered my Tyros 2 and I look m'clater with both.
It is clear that the Roland G-70 is more "pro" as T2, it is even more rsistant (20.5 kg). On an X korg PA, its my good drum kits charm and his guitars and synth APRS bof the rest! better a good G-70 arm for the road. That's a, ROLAND understood everything because for me the important thing is to enjoy playing and that is the case for this arranger with a similar ergonomics.
I still remember the day I dballe and removed from his big bote, I still have tears in eyes, we'll see if this is the case for T2.N / A
- 76-key arranger. Editing sounds possible (resonance, ADSR)
USB MIDI connection, etc., comprehensive view of the site features Roland.
Sounds and styles edited. Creating styles.
Effects section ok after a good command
- For simplicity of configuration, it is better to already know the philosophy of an arranger! And clearly saw the possibilities, it takes several weeks or months to master, that is know and use the features;
Goodies: Edition sounds easy as limited (but sufficient, otherwise you have to buy a synthesizer). For the V3 there is a parametric equalizer. Comprehensive manual. I use it in bedside table and returns regularly to deepen or me remember certain features.
The less body weight, does not support audio, no hdd, but I knew before buying and I would do this choice. I intend to run (probably longer) they add a dedicated sound card piano (I do not know what card it is) and perhaps buy a synth expander type MFBII because I like innovation and the creation of sounds more personalized.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it since December 2006. I tried also the Tyros2 and Kork Pa1X pro.
What I like most: the pro side of the appearance of the keyboard, it's serious, it's solid and beautiful look. Frankly the fact Tyros gadget (for my taste) although technically certainly very successful, but in addition is a 61-key and I wanted to at least 76.
The touch button is also great that differentiates it from his colleagues and Pa1X Tyros.
I also like the organ sounds (Hammond and others) and the drawbars!
The price? The Tyros 2 is expensive too.N / A
- - What type of keyboard (synth, piano ...)? How many octaves?
76 large (real) keys + After velocity per channel, not by note.
Continued on Roland site
- - The general configuration is it simple?
Yes, after first touching a simple, but as soon as you scratch it fishing and dispatch
- Publishing of sound effects or is it easy?
- The manual is clear and sufficient?
Not fully exploit the beast, which has certainly brought to the notice with prejudice, the handling takes weeks for even a good pianist (keyboardist), including synthetic guitar chord
- Overall Opinion
- With the V3's G70-based OS 2, I am convinced he made the right choice.
At the time, late 2004, I hesitated between the dilemma Korg already confessed and the successor to the Roland V-series or the G70.
Personally, there was a trio:
Wersi, but we went from single to double the price for a high-end arranger.
With this latest release including 3-for installation must first have installed the OS 2 I'm sure you have the ultimate bonus between arrangements, sounds and customer service in the world.
The equalizers per unit present on the Home version Roland E80, are among the updates to the G70 that makes this phenomenon than the most prestigious arrangers, all prices combined.
I tested there less than a week the three beasts, my opinion is not 100% subjective!
With experience, you do again this choice? ...
A 200%N / A
- More details Retailer
- I tried this keyboard two times in store, with a headphone and with a system that amp.
The config looks straightforward, against the edition of sounds is limited trs (LFO, ADSR, cutoff, resonance .. which is modified with zippers).
For styles and so on. I did not pitch in!
A nice ide: pressing a key change in style dclenche the corresponding fill-in.
on the other hand I would have AIM (but I may be too quick to look for a button to translate an octave (for a more acute ds piano that starts the car acc MG, can be a practical ...)
- Overall Opinion
- The keyboard trs enjoyable, flexible, with touches lgrement rounded. The black keys have a rougher texture, we like it or hate it ...
- Styles damn good and a little off-mode, so forcment, it is not the IDAL for techno ...
- Some sounds: acoustic and electric pianos, the grant, the organs (drawbar presets +), pads (vocals well above the Yamaha for example.), The clarinets are nice (especially jazz / folk, with bcp of vibrato)
- The zippers! the zippers! zippers !!!!! (Mostly they are not restricted the registration of the organ ...)
- The look: even when it has most beautiful face that Yamaha or Korg.
- Some sounds are really rotten: the vibraphone is dtestable when I compare one of my old jv90! The brass trs bof, oboe ugly cords averages. Batteries?? Yeah, if I compare trslger plug-in sound.
- As t said, there rverb bcp, but everything is paramtrable ...
- Compared to Tyros 2 is a notch below for most sounds (although the piano is really good), but less than fluff ... I think.
Correction: I finally bought the APRS bte be tested and compared (I bought it new with case and amplifier 2300).
The styles are good, fairly neutral (not like the Tyros, the little I heard, where we seem to hear a midifile of an existing song is good too).
It lacks a bit of contemporary styles, rap, techno and sometimes they sound a bit "tired", but as everything is edit and save will ...
The styles of jazz are trs cool and everything revolves around the guitar (gypsy jazz styles and unplugged).
Manual: the seller had the palm so I wait, but After a few hours on the machine passes, I noticed how everything is easy and ergonomic.
The sounds are effective even if they sometimes lack finesse and DEFINITIONS.
The organ sounds are available as presets (with VLOC !?!?) and drawbars module (without egg VLOC).
There are 8 pRSET for the module, but as everything is recorded as user Programs, is unlimited. And record all programs rglages (paramtrage the D Beam, effects ...). In addition, the program change is instantly a good reason to rsister virtual instruments ;-)
The vocal harmony is trs fun, but plutt through coaching. It's just a pity he is not more paramtrable (there are many presets for male voices or female).N / A
- Page: 1