or
Create an account

or

Thread Help buying a microphone that will minimise background noise

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 Help buying a microphone that will minimise background noise
So I've just moved to a new place and my tv room is right next to the study. on top of that instead of having a standard door, it's this weird folding double door so that blocks almost no noise.

I currently have this cheap USB mic that sits on my desk.
https://fifinemicrophone.com/products/usb-microphone-with-volume-control-k669-669b

Audio from it is pretty good but it picks up everything, even turned down super low, and using noise suppression software like Krisp on Discord and AMD noise suppression it still picks up the TV. I assume because the TV has voices otherwise it deals with mouse clicks and keyboard typing pretty well.

From research, I've narrowed my options down to 2. Get a mic arm possibly a new microphone as well, so it sits in front of my face, and turn the volume down. Or get an Antlion mod mic and attach that to my headphones.

What are your suggestions? I give zero fucks about audio quality I'm not using it for audio recording or streaming. I'm just talking to mates while I game or having the occasional business meetings at home. The most important thing is background noise removal.