Create an account

or

Thread Help with recording audio into pc

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Help with recording audio into pc
Hi,
We are recording audio from a clip on style microphone into a PC. Its for a church service. Then we upload the audio to the website for people to listen. We are using a clip on microphone ( 1/8 ) that has about a two foot length. It isnt long enough to reach the pc, so we have it plugged into a extension which is plugged into the pc sound board. We get a lot of feedback noise every once in awhile. Is there a better system to do this than what we are doing now? Better equipment that wont break the bank? Very confused in this area and appreciate any help. :? Here is a link to the site if it helps determine what is needed. Thanks again.
http://bteministries.org/freebiblestudies.htm
Here are some questions

1. How much do you have to spend ?
2. What type of soundcard are you plugging into?
3. Where are you doing the recordings?
4. What degree of quality are you hoping to achieve?

I can help a little with some of this but you need to address the above stuff 1st.

R

Quote: Here are some questions

1. How much do you have to spend ?

:I dont particularly know the budget at this time but I would presume as little as possible to get a good sound.

2. What type of soundcard are you plugging into?

:Its just the onboard sound from the PCs mother board

3. Where are you doing the recordings?

: Being done inside the church as the pastor is doing the service

4. What degree of quality are you hoping to achieve?

As good as possible without breaking the bank. The microphone he is using now is about a $20-$30 one from radio shack. It does ok but we get some feedback because of the extension were using

I can help a little with some of this but you need to address the above stuff 1st.
I appreciate your response and help looking into this. :D

R