Reverend Warhawk II 390 user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- (Originally written by Wan Caak/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
- Made in Korea
- Quality controlled in Detroit, USA.
- 22 medium jumbo frets
- 3 x P90 Reverend pickups with different coils depending on the pickup position
- Tune-o-matic bridge with Gibson-like stopbar
- Controls: volume, tone, and contour that allows to simulate single coils
- Set neck with medium C-shape and dual-action truss rod
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Typical Gibson scale
- Strat-type inversed head with in-line Wilkinson machine heads
- Graphite nut
- Korina body with typical 50's shape and metallic paint
- 2-ply pick guard
- 5-way toggle switch
- Perfect finish.
=> This is without any doubt a totally original guitar. It's well manufactured and it was conceived in the USA by the luthier Joe Naylor.
- - Pleasant and comfortable neck. It's not the fastest neck I know.
- Very easy upper frets access in spite of the heel (a bit easier than on a Strat).
- Average weight, or even a bit heavier (it's not a SG!).
- No chamfer but it's less annoying than on a Tele when you play sitting.
- Very easy handling.
- Very reliable machine heads that easily stay in tune (Fender players will need some time to adapt because everything is inverted!)
- Equipped with 10/46 strings and perfectly adjusted when I bought it.
=> It's nearly perfect. Some people will consider the lack of chamfer and the weight as small problems.
- - Very versatile sound.
- Excellent P90 pickups.
- Very effective contour control.
- Same thing regarding volume and tone controls.
=> This guitar is a Strat and Les Paul mix and allows you to switch from one to the other using the contour control! You can play anything with this very easy to use guitar, except for heavy metal (see add-on below). I like especially the neck/center pickup combination with my Koch amp. Thumbs up Mr Joe Naylor.
--- Add-on, 12/13/2008 ---
After one year of use, I can assure you that the Warhawk is extremely versatile and it allows you to play every music style (also heavy metal!). The contour control is easy to use but incredibly effective. It gives you the possibility to gradually fatten the response of the P90 pickups. You'll get addicted really fast...
- Overall Opinion
- - I've been using it for a few days and I'm fully satisfied.
- I already own several electric guitars: Strat, Tele, SG... and this one has definitely earned its place among these classics.
- Excellent value for money.
=> I would buy it again with closed eyes. I originally wanted to buy a Les Paul with P90 (BFG or Junior) but I immediately understood that this Reverend offers much more!
User reviews in other languages
- - Made in Korea,
- Inspects and RULES Dtroit United States,
- 22 frets "medium jumbo"
- 3 P90 pickups with coil Reverend diffrent depending on the position of the microphone,
- Tune-o-matic tailpiece with Stopbar type "Gibson"
- 1 volume, 1 Tone a contour that can "simulate" the single coils,
- Handle with al profile "C medium" and reinforcing rod "double action",
- Key in "Rosewood" (Rosewood)
- Gibson pitch,
- Head reverse type "Start" with Wilkinson mcaniques online
- Graphite nut,
- Body Korina (African cousin of mahogany obviously a little less dense than the latter) to the forms and painting mtallise amricaine worthy of the 50s,
- Protection plate two folds,
- Slecteur 5 positions,
- Clean finish.
=> Nothing wrong, it's a totally original guitar, well thought, well made and well built labore United States by the luthier Joe Naylor
- - Enjoyable and comfortable handle, not the fastest I know but not the slowest either,
- Access in acute very easy despite the heel one more ais chouilla on a Start,
- Average weight means more (sr it has not an SG!)
- No chamfer ESG but less than a Tele plays sitting position,
- Getting started very easy,
- Trs mcaniques reliable, holding the agreement without problem, ncessitant time to adapt to "Fenderiens" (everything is reversed!)
- Up to 10/46, RULES perfectly and just when purchasing.
=> It's almost flawless and we can possibly quibble for the lack of muzzle and the weight will eventually tire the smaller riders involved standing.
- - Trs versatile sound,
- Excellent P90,
- SETTING THE trs effective contour the sound,
- Ditto for the volume and tone knobs.
=> It's a shuffled to Start and Les Paul with the possibility of moving from one another using the contour SETTING THE! From the metal (see complment below), you can do anything with this guitar that remains trs simple to use. It is the combination neck pickup + central place in a Koch amp that I DEFINITIONS cracked for MODEL: an open and Congratulations Joe Naylor.
--- --- Complment from 13/12/2008
APRS one year of use and some rglages amp later, the Warhawk confirms its versatile (including metal!) And can really cover all the styles. SETTING THE The outline, simple to use, is devilishly effective. It offers the possibility of unusual "lubricated" trs gradually rendering P90 without changing guitar, which we take trs ease quickly got ...
- Overall Opinion
- - Used for several days and not fault this MODEL,
- Dj owners of several electrical whose classic Start, Tele and SG, it indniablement its place among the great,
- Qualitprix excellent report.
=> No regrets, I would do the purchase with eyes closed. Fawn J'tais any party to buy a Les Paul team of P90 (or BFG Junior) but I quickly realized that Reverend offered much better!