1/2
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum

PCI/ISA + Rack Soundcard from Creative Labs

Thread Soundblaster Audigy Platinum - Help PLEASE

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 Soundblaster Audigy Platinum - Help PLEASE
Ok folks... I admit it...I (a weekend warrior) went out and bought a 200$ soundcard to cater for my music without looking up all this stuff about recording (such as this amazing website). Now, I have read so much interesting information and feel that maybe I bought the wrong card. I am in the following position:

1. I installed a SB Audigy 2 Platinum on my PC (the PC processor is quite good so that shouldn't be the problem)
2. I have a Roland BR-8 which I only really use now as a pre-amp to route the audio into the PC through the (auxilliary 2) inputs on the soundcard, because I can't think of any other way to connect it to my PC.
3. The audio (guitars and vocals) are almost always 0.5-1 seconds behind the midi drums and bass on the mixer (Cubasis - came bundled with the card).

I have seen almost no postings related to creative... is there an unspoken understanding that SB Audigy 2 Platinum is not powerful enough to entertain audio mixing? What am I doing wrong? Do I need a more powerful soundcard? or mixing software? or do I need to get a life?
please help me!

thanks