or
Create an account

or

Thread best software for simultaneous recording?

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 best software for simultaneous recording?
I recently bought an Apple powerbook G4 with an Edirol FA101 interface. I have Apples Garageband software with it, but was told that Garageband is not good for recording simultaneous tracks. I am looking to record 3-4 instruments at a time...Drums(4-5 mics), guitar(w/DI) and Bass(w/DI). I'm looking for an affordable software. So far I was told Adobe Audition and Steinberg Cubase are the best for this application. Has anyone had success w/Garageband doing simultaneous tracks? How about Adobe Audition doing simultaneous tracks? :? :?
I have not tried Garage Band but I'm pretty sure it supports simultaneous recording of diffreent tracks.

Since you just started building you own rig, you'll see that a lot of people have biased opinions about certain products. They will tell you that you can't produce a decent recording with product X or Y.
Keep in mind that there are no sonic diffrences between different multitrack softs. If I were you I would keep on exploring the different possibilities of your setup before investing in another software.