or
Create an account

or

Thread looking for multi-track program for osx

• 6 replies
  • 7 participants
  • 2 followers
1 looking for multi-track program for osx
i'm looking for a good recording program for osx.
i have a 1ghz g4 17" imac, 80 gig hd,256 meg of ram (plan on adding more) super drive
i'm on a budget. any ideas?
Why not use Garageband? It's cheap.

If that's not pro enough for you, all the standards, Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase are all available.
i have good experiences with pro tools and logic on mac..

pro tools actually released version 6.2.3 of Pro Tools TDM for Mac OS X 10.2.3 or higher just 3 days ago, but i haven't checked it out so far
Since Apple bought Emagic sometime ago, I'd definately recommend Logic, if only for the seamless intergration into Apples operating system. I'm using it and love it.
Hey I'm feeling ya. cubase- logic - Dude they're expensive and it's a better world when we don't try to rip them off. so try this program called audigy version 1.0 is stable if boring but version 1.2 rules they both supprt vst plugins woo hoo! and have an interface thats pretty eye catching and inspiring and this program is way simpler than logic and cubase as for protools well I've never used it http://audacity.sourceforge.net/plugins.php
Logic X is nice and easy to use. The mixing tools incorporate are great and don't use too much CPU. And this programm isn't too much expensive. Good for me to creat hip hop instrumentals.
One of the impressive things about Logic Pro is that it offers such a robust and well-rounded collection of plug-ins, both instruments and processors, plus you get a whole library of Apple Loops. For someone looking for a self-contained DAW that offers the tools for producing tracks right out of the box, without a need for 3rd party plug-ins, Logic is an excellent choice.