Akai MPC1000
Akai MPC1000

Sampling Sequencer belonging to the MPC1000 model

User Reviews: 4.665

All user reviews for the Akai MPC1000

Average Score: 4.6 ( 4.6/5 based on 65 reviews )
  42 reviews 65 %
  16 reviews 25 %
Target: Beginners Value For Money: Excellent

FP User's review

Akai really stepped there game up c/ 2.0 set it off. Its virtually a portable 2500. Only 1 thing: NO MTC!!!! WTF? What is Akai thinking? But for that matter, last time I checked the specs, the 2500 does not support MTC either. Only the 2000XL and the 4000 (not sure about the 2000). MTC allows you to use your MPC as a DAW controller for PT. So, if you prefer sequencing your drums with your mpc as the master (why do we continue to use these terms?) sequencer and PT as slave (why do we continue to use these terms? ), FORGETABOUTIT!

Easy,easy.

well built! much more durable than and easier to get set up than the_______! you know who you are!

Excellent Sound Quality. Im not sure why, but IMO its better than the MPC2000XL I have. Well, had. Sold it after using the 1k for a minute.

Its got almost everything. But Im really hurt by the lacking MTC.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: jdeondra ( 2-, 2006)

FP User's review

I just got it not to long ago.. but i does stuff that i didnt think it could do..

$700 used a lil bit

It not to bad because so many people have them. i can just usually search my problem on google and find an answer..

i havebt had ne problems yet...

Sounds great...

Its really easy to get a good beat goin and put them together for a whole song..there is so many things u can do with the sounds and layering to make diffrent sounds.. i really like it..

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: cmc_mpc1000 ( 2-, 2006)

FP User's review

With the new 2.0 OS this thing is a monster.

$415

In 1-2 days you will be making beats.

Built very good. Feel strong and firm.

It brings all my drum patterns to life.

Best addition to my lab. If something was to happen to it, I would replace it as soon as possible.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: TheFirstJimBo ( 1-, 2006)

FP User's review

All the features you would need. You able to sample, edit that sample and EQ that sample in one board. Add your own sounds and make music as a professional. The downside, is the small LCD, it isn't as friendly as a computer monitor. And when chopping a sample you don't have the zoning feature as the MPC 2000XL or do you have the option of time stretching. But other then that, all is good with it. What more can you ask for in a portable music production center?

$800 USD

It is quite simple to use. The manual explains everything so clear, but at times you will have to call upon outside help to navigate through some of the features. I would change the interface, I am so comfortable with it, that I can operate the MPC in the dark, sometimes.

It is durable, My Behringer mixing board felt on top of the MPC from the desk to the floor and the didn't scratch it or damage the screen or the board. So that is tough machine for me. No repairs have been done. The pads are tough too, because I been banging on them for a while and still they uphold the pounding.

The sound quality is on point. No complaints about it. Just the quality I need for making professional sounding music.

I love it. Everything you need in a portable machine. The only downside is the missing feature of time stretch and zoning. I carry this lightweight as if it was my own laptop. So small to fit in a backpack without putting a lot of weight or pressure on the shoulders or back.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: westlogic ( 1-, 2006)

FP User's review

If you using this with a PC then you shouldn't have any problems. I use Soundforge to edit the samples and then copy and paste right onto the card with a card reader. Much easier and quicker than using the intergrated USB option

Price paid

This one is going to take you some time to get used to, but after 2 weeks of laying down tracks, you can have it on lock without even looking.

This unit looks like plastic on the computer but its seriously made out of solid steel. Unit has some weight on it for being so small

This mug bumps hard. What you sample in is exactly what comes out, with a little AKAI MPC sweetness!

Wouldn't do without it!

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Smoothbassman (January 2-, 2005)

FP User's review

BEAT TALK's Review highlights the features in comparison to its predecessors. The unit includes sounds from Hip Hop producer DEF JEF courtesy of ONE STOP BEATS (www.onestopbeats.com)

$800.00 USD

The unit is portable and it's simple to operate.

The unit is solid and has some weight to it despite the size.

Great sound Quality.

The MPC 1000 is a great addition to the MPC series. Newbies should know that the MPC 1000 is the first MPC series under $1000 USD ever. The value is great even with some missing features. It integrates well with computer based production with its USB connectivity for PC/MAC.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: swell (January 0-, 2005)

FP User's review

Give me a tilt screen next time....but if that's all your complaining about, than you have problems.

$999

Give it two weeks and you should know every bitton and function, be patient.

Built like a rock, seriously, it's rather heavy.

Perfect, by far the best drum/sequencer/sampler out today for $1000. Use it beside a computer and simply drag and drop samples from your pc/mac straight to the MPC---then, straight to a pad. It comes with alot of great drums and bass to get you started. I recommend collecting more drums. I just can't say enough. It has f/x that are built in to the MPC. No extra $$ for the basic f/x. If you sample and cut files on a computer and want that hands on perfection of the industry standard of hip hop hardware.....then go buy an MPC1000. -Shamus in N.C.

Everyday, I can't get enough.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Shamus (January 0-, 2005)

FP User's review

Features of timestretch are not available on this unit but with the usb connectivity thats no problem just transfer the file to a pc edit and transfer it back into the MPC

999.99

The MPC is very easy to use. I have had a few problems as far as figuring out the sample editing on the MPC. But other than that the MPC is very easy to use

the quality is where i seem to have a problem. I have had a few of my lights go out on my MPC. And after viewing demos of the MPC some of my lights didnt work right out of the box. Other than that it is built very tough and can take a poundin.

The Sound Quality for the MPC is awsome. There is no sound loss what so ever in transferring files from the computer to the MPC

Overall I am very satisfied with my MPC. It has a killer sequencer and I love the overall quality. This is my first MPC and I am Highly impressed and would not trade it for anything.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: beatsonlock33 ( 9-, 2005)

FP User's review

Akai took features from the MPC2000xl, and a few from the MPC4000 and made it compact. I like the fact that the 16 levels button is still there. It takes a little getting used to since you have to press the mode button then the pad with the corresponding function you want.

$850

Very easy. If you already know MPC's, this will be a piece of cake. Also not a bad piece for people just getting started. What I would have changed interface-wise is the usb connection. It would be nice to keep the usb connection and be able to go back to the main screen.

Never had a problem, throw it in the bag and head to the studio.

Just as good as my trusty 2000xl, just portable.

I love MPC's, especially this one. Portable, and powerful. I've heard a few guys dismiss the 1000 and say it's not a piece of gear to take seriously. To me that says you don't know how to use it. If space is an issue but you want something you can get some work done with, if you can't get the 2000xl, grab a 1000.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Stoutamire ( 8-, 2005)

FP User's review

The mpc has the features that i need it to have. more effects would be cool but i have 3 DAW's to take care of that problem. Really...theres no problem if you have a decent computer.

$900 usd

A piece of cake to use if you have real talent and desire to produce. i learned to use everything in a week. love those pads. with an imagination you can get the mpc to do very nice things with ease.

well built with a warranty...no argument. i cant imagine having to get it repaired....it would be like losing a limb. that hurts.

Good sound quality of course. good sampling rate. oh.........it samples vocals and instruments very well.

If you have an imagination.....you'll love the mpc to death. I love my mpc more than my girlfriend....hands down....

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: da5150beat ( 8-, 2005)