Create an account

or

Thread experienced soft synth'ers

• 3 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 0 follower
1 experienced soft synth'ers
i must know...

...and indeed i KNOW nothing about the quality of different softsynth programs from experience, so i need to ask you: what is the best soft synth program you use...?

in your honest opinion...

and thanks for your insight
That's a loaded question...
I have a lot of soft synths built right into LogicPro 7...
I especially like the ES2 and the EXS24...

But externally I have a friend who has used the FM7...
If you're into DX7 style FM sounds this is a great soft synth...
Hmmmm,..........it really is a loaded question,

If you aren't using Logic,.....(and the synths are really good, from what I hear), you should determine if you are the type of person who would like to get into deep programming, or if you are more of a straight preset user.

This will really help you decide on the synths that will work best for you.

The one's I really like to "dig in" on are: Arturia Modular Moog V, (great for learning Subtractive Synthesis), Native Instruments Absynth 3, and Reaktor.

The one's that I think are fun to mess with , (without having to get TOO involved, if you don't want to), are GMedia impOSCAR, Arturia ARP 2600V, GMedia Minimonsta, Native Instruments Pro 53, (my personal favorite!), and Rob Papen designed "Blue". These are fun to use without having a degree from NASA.

Remember,.....It's down to the synth user that YOU are,.......Good hunting,......

Let us know what YOU find.
Some recent highlights for me are Rob Papen Predator and Chinee Kong plug-ins, but indeed you'll have to look for synths that match your style. Just check demos of things that look interesting to you.