Stanton Magnetics M.203

All user reviews for the Stanton Magnetics M.203

• JimboSpinsJimboSpins

all the bells and whistles

Stanton Magnetics M.203Published on 03/19/13 at 20:45
    The Stanton M .203 is a two channel mixer that cost just less than 100 dollars. Being that this unit cannot be racked caused a serious issue for me after traveling with it for a while. I like to be able to have my mixers racked every now and then. I didn’t understand why they didn’t make it rackable because at this price it would not have been any more trouble to do it than some of the similar Numark mixers that are in this price range like the M101 from Numark.

With this mixer you are getting a rugged steel unit and you will not have to worry about anything happening to it because it is very solid. There are 1 phone switchable line in and 1 RCA input per channel. It also has a ready to go EQ 3 band system right in it and a complete kill at -64 dB as well. This mixer has a lot more bells and whistles than the M101 does and they are basically the exact same price. So if racking isn’t an issue to you I think the M.203 is a much better choice in terms of options.

The M.203 gives mic input with tone control and a cue pan fader. All in this unit that only weighs about 6 pounds. It is also made for the road but because it was not rackable it didn’t last long in my set ups. This is not the “beginner” mixer if you really want something completely basic but if you want to have a mixer that you can start with and use for a while without having to worry about upgrading than this is the way to go.

I am very happy with the quality and features of this unit from Stanton and recommend that they make this exact same one rackable for those who need it.