Akai Professional MPK25
Akai Professional MPK25
johnrae johnrae

« Perfect! »

Published on 04/16/13 at 22:57
The Akai MPK25 is an advanced MIDI controller, that features 25-key semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch, MPC-pad section of 12 genuine MPC pads with pressure and velocity sensitivity, MPC pads access four banks each for instant access to 48 samples, assignable Q-Link controller section, 2 banks of 12 Q-Link knobs and 4 buttons, 2 banks each, dedicated transport controls for tracking and editing, MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator, MPC Full Level, MPC 12-Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division, MIDI output over USB, bus powered, custom LCD Display, and footswitchable patch changes. I bought this as a sort of all-in-one piece for my RV, to make music on the go. It's fit that bill flawlessly. It has everything I need, buttons, knobs, pads and keys.

Configuring this thing is a breeze. Took me 2 minutes to install the drivers, hook it up to Ableton Live and start creating. It's been an awesome all-in-one tool, since I have everything I need in one compact controller. Never gives me any hiccups, no software or hardware issues, even after spilling a glass of water on the pads! Really well built and easy to use and understand. The LCD is nice and bright, which is great for night time, I don't have to use the RV's power to have the lights on.

Overall, this is exactly what it's advertised to be. Compact, cheap, well built and all entailing. Everything you need to mix, make beats, whatever. I own hundreds of MIDI controllers, and trust me, this one is good. It's pads are precise, it's keys feel good and simple the knobs are responsive and tactile and it's easy to set up. I might even buy another one of these for my studio, since it's been so useful in the RV. Great for entry level producers. Cheap, very well built and completely functional, if you need a first MIDI controller, buy this!