Carvin Legacy C212E
Carvin Legacy C212E
joemanix joemanix
Publié le 03/01/09 à 15:21
Steve Vai Signature Series (Logo Legacy).
2x12 "celestion v30
8 ohm mono (2 HP to 16 ohms in parallel)
665mm x 285mm x 435mm,
Construction cons plated
Lightweight (18kg approx)
Cabinet closed or open (hatch 1 / 3 removable rear).

On mine I set a plate for connection to a branch marshall 8 ohm mono or 2 x 16 Ohms stereo.
Ideal for my amp marshall EL84 20/20 + Preamp Carvin Quad X
Better than my marshall 1931 2 x 12 "(including a V30) and much lighter. Everything goes in, including the bass, and it is accurate. As a group, they accept power without flinching (the 20/20 sends enough to really hurt the ears and vibrate your ribs).
Bought secondhand on eBay U.S. (very hard to find in France, and impossible to buy carvin USA on grounds of exclusive import), it did not cost me much, even with shipping. If I can, I buy another, but very few sellers are willing to send an object as big in europe.
Otherwise, there on the net in Germany at a price still okay for quality.

Very good value for money and above all, small and lightweight (my choice was related to that too). Big as a marshall 1922, the sound is not the same.
Surely there are better in absolute terms, but personally I think it would be difficult not to love this one.