Pioneer has unveiled details on its latest DJ mixer, the DJM-2000nexus, a successor to the company's DJM-2000.
The updated DJM-2000nexus performance DJ mixer for DJs/clubs allows new tracks to be arranged using a touch panel.
The new model inherits the same layout and functions of the DJM-2000 and comes with the new "BEAT SLICE" function that allows tracks to be sliced and arranged, and the "SYNC MASTER" function that allows control of track beats being played from connected audio players. These functions accompany "PRO DJ LINK" used with multiple Pioneer players such as the CDJ-2000nexus (released at the end of September) to allow a variety of tracks to be arranged more accurately.
- PRO DJ LINK, connecting up multiple Pioneer player, rekordbox laptops and the DJM-2000nexus has new functions.
- "BEAT SLICE" function to create new track slices using the touch panel.
- "SYNC MASTER", collectively controlling beat of multiple players.
- Beats (tempo and beat position) of tracks playing on multiple playersconnected to the mixer via LINK can be automatically synchronized with the master clock of the mixer. The playback tempo can also be adjusted using the mixer touch panel. Player beats can be controlled from the mixer
- The mixer comes with a new peak limiter designed to allow playback of master output tracks while limiting distortion.
- New channel fader.
- Chrome-plating has been applied to knobs used for adjusting effect frequencies, and a white LED has been used for the beat button used to control beat effects. The look matches that of the CDJ-2000nexus system when they are placed side-by-side.
- LAN terminals for connecting up to 4 multiple playersand up to 2 PCs at the same time.
- Built-in USB audio interface that can assign audio systems of up to 4 systems to each channel from a single PC.
- Switchable 3 band EQ and 3 band ISOLATER on each channel (control from +6 dB to -26 dB with EQ, and +6 dB to -∞ dB with ISOLATER).
- Digital input terminals on each channel.
- "Talk Over" that lowers the volume of tracks automatically when there is a signal input via the microphone.
- "Peak Level Meter" on all channels.
- "Cross Fader Assign" to assign cross faders to each channel input.
- "Fader Curve Adjust" function that allows the cross fader and channel fader curve to be changed.
- "Auto Standby Function" that switches the power to standby mode when there is no operation or input for a certain period of time.
Pricing & Availability:
The DJM-2000nexus is expected to start shipping later this month at an RRP of 2,299€.
Visit Pioneer DJ for more.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Electrix Tweaker Launched The Tweaker performance and DJ controller designed with NI Traktor and Ableton Live users in mind is now available.
- Pioneer Pearl White RMX1000 Pioneer introduces a new finish for their RMX-1000: At the end of this month they will release a pearl white Remix Station.
- Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol Z2 Native Instruments announced that its 2+2 channel control mixer Traktor Kontrol Z2 is now available in stores and at the NI Online Shop.