[NAMM] M-Audio introduces CTRL 49 controller
At the NAMM, M-Audio has announced the introduction of their new controller, the CTRL 49.
The CTRL 49 provides advanced control of virtual instruments and DAWs via a fullcolour, high-resolution 4.3-inch screen. It features a 49-key semi-weighted keybed, and the directional cluster of hardware controls has been meticulously thought out for effortless operation.
The keyboard is powered by the included Virtual Instrument Player (VIP) software which enables users to access any VSTi virtual instrument or effect in their computer directly from the keyboard. Users can hence quickly filter and search through every patch in their plugin library by using the built-in tagging function, making it simple to find the sound they’re after quickly while the CTRL 49’s controls are auto-mapped to fit to the selected plugin.
VIP software in the CTRL 49 also creates a multi directly from the keyboard. Using a multi, producers can combine up to 8 patches from 1 or more plugins, and have the option to layer, mix and pan these patches all at once. Users can even set keyboard splits and transpose individual patches within their multi. This advanced design feature means users can save all the new sounds they’ve created and easily recall them at any point.
For live performance use, VIP software also creates “setlists” that allow quick access to virtual instruments and effects. With the press of a single button, users can switch to the next plugin they want—without ever reaching for a computer.
- Integrated 4.3-inch high-resolution full-colour screen with dedicated interface buttons
- Screen provides 1:1 real-time feedback of plugin parameters
- Includes Virtual Instrument Player software - load, play and control any VST or effect plugin quickly
- Mackie/HUI for DAW control
- 49-key M-Audio semi-weighted keybed
- 9 faders and 8 buttons with Mackie Control and HUI for seamless control of the DAW
- Performance-ready 360-degree encoders
- FX button for future VIP updates
- 4 banks of 8 velocity- and pressure-sensitive drum pads with RGB illumination
- Roll mode, time division, transport, arpeggiator, and tap tempo buttons
- Functions as a standalone MIDI controller or controls your plugins and DAW simultaneously
- Included software: Ableton Live Lite, AIR Creative Collection FX (including 20 FX AU/VST plugins), Vacuum Pro, Loom, Hybrid 3, Xpand!2, Velvet, Transfuser, Eighty Eight Ensemble
The M-Audio CTRL 49 will have an MSRP of $499/£349.99 and will be available in the 2nd quarter of 2016.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Kazrog updates Thermionik to v5.0.0 Kazrog has updated its flagship amp modeling suite Thermionik, which now includes a total 25 models.
- [NAMM] [VIDEO] Cakewalk Gibson Bass Collection Mike Levine met Craig Anderton, who sampled three vintage Gibson basses to turn them into Cakewalk Rapture virtual instruments.
- [NAMM] [VIDEO] Waves NX Virtual Mix Room plug-in Waves present their virtual room simulation designed to make headphone mixing easier with head movement compensation - for as low as $49.